• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gonna get good!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nicky

May 10, 2002
HEY EVERYONE!
I just made a big decision - I want to be a really really good freediver, like National level. It may take me a while, but I'm gonna try really hard - so wish me luck!

Nicky
:girlie
:D :D (really excited!)

Reactions: Amphibious
Hi Nicky,

Are you talking about competition spearing or depthdiving ?
Either way good for you !

If you are talking about apnea comp's ie depth & statics, the most important thing you need is a buddy. Without one you cannot train safely. You also need to go over some saftey procedures with each other....

There are a few of us now in Australia having been in an International comp, that know a bit about training and comps. Most of the Aus team are in Sydney, and a couple like me in Canberra of all places. Feel free to email or ask any advice. Although of course there plenty of people on this site who know their stuff :)

If you wanted some actual person training tips and stuff you would probably have to find your way down to Sydney and get in touch with one of us.

Hopefully there will be some competitions/ and or training events next year, Probably early in the year. They have yet to be organised and the hard part is no-one get's paid for that sort of stuff !

I plan to go in the next O/S comp, either Cyprus and/or Turkey so will keep training.

Goodluck,
Wal

Good stuff Nicky!! Sorry bout earlier today, my email was going funnny buggers - I'm off the net in an hour or so too, but I've still got email for a while - give you a call later (that should make you laugh ;))

Oh, and listen to Wal, he's big bad freediver guy :D

Ah Young Grasshopper....

Good Luck! yet another converted......

Willer:D

what organization do you plan on competeing with? (age restrictions are really no fun for us that are under 18 :duh )

good luck, set a goal and go for it, its the only way to live :D

Good luck with your goals. You have inspired me to set similar goals for myself. Once I turn 18 in February I shall join the British Freediving Association, and I shall aim to be good enough to compete.

Good luck, keep safe,
Matt

Wow thanks guys - I didn't think anyone would reply!
Thanks for all the inspiration - you guys are the champs!
Having trouble finding a really competent buddy - most are just spearos and, whilst they know alot on that topic - I'm not sure how much they know on freediving and breath holding, maybe I'll just stick to statics until I find one - I'm itching to get in the water though!
Hi Wal - just freediving I think, maybe spearing - I'll see how I go this summer. I'll take you up on that email offer though, I've been talking to Loopy for quite a while and he has amazed me with his constant improvements and new pb's nearly every day! I'd really like to talk to the person who has helped him so much :) .

Ok thanks once again
Nicky

Good luck Nicky! Competing is a lot of fun and you will get to hang out with like-minded individuals who are supportive of your efforts. Maybe we will compete someday :)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Go for it!
but make sure you don't ever forget what it is that makes you love diving. if you never do that, you will always be a champion.
pete

Reactions: Nicky
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT