• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Good freediving websites?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

naiad

Apnea Carp
Supporter
Oct 11, 2003
It would be good to know if anyone has found a website which could be used to explain freediving to non-diving people. I don't want to convince them to join me, only to show them that what I do is not so bad!

Unfortunately most websites are either too technical, not very informative or they are full of things like "Freediving is the most dangerous sport ever invented!" and graphic descriptions of blackouts. :waterwork

Any help would be appreciated

Lucia

Thanks Stephan - some of those articles look good!

Lucia

www.ozfreediving.com

This is a new Australian freediving website that has a good section on safety as well as current and historical Australian records, competition results and various stories.

Cheers,
Ben

Check pls also site of Slovakia Freedive Team here . It is not in english, but lots of nice pics and videos in GALLERY. Nice day.

Hi,

you can find a lot of freediving links here
apnea.lap.hu

unfortunately some of the texts are in hungarian language, but it is still worth to check it. I think. :)

Jee

maros said:
Check pls also site of Slovakia Freedive Team here . It is not in english, but lots of nice pics and videos in GALLERY. Nice day.
I can't download the videos - the Windows Media Player says 'Connecting...' for a long time but it doesn't ever download.

Help...

Lucia

Hi Lucia, I will check this issue with our web admin and will let you know. If it wouldnt work, I'll send you clips by e-mail. Nice day

Reactions: naiad
Right click on the link and choose 'download', save it, then open with the windows media player.
Hope that helps.

Hi Michael,

I tried to save the link, but the same thing happens. Maybe it needs the Xvid codec, but I don't want to mess up my computer and there are many links to the codec. :confused:

I use this comprehensive Codec pack. Might be a slow d/l though.
Another common choice is www.divx.com, though their player used to suck. Maybe it's better today, or just d/l the codecs themselves if there's an option.

Thanks for the link - it is quite big, but I hope to have broadband soon, and then I will use it. Freediving videos are a good reason to get broadband!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT