• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Good Idea?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mrcoffey44

Apr 20, 2005
Hey guys. I'm pretty new to DeeperBlue.net, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. I just thought I'd run an idea by you guys that I got while searching the forums for info on freediving.

I noticed there are a lot of threads by beginners like myself asking novice questions about the sport. Many of the questions are the same, and since they've been answered before, the common answer to their questions seems to be "use the search function". That's a great idea, and I certainly was able to find a lot of my answers, but it can be a bit of a hassle when using "search" turns up more questons which are also answered with "use the search function".

So I was thinking, what if those members of this forum who are more savvy with the sport of freediving put their heads together and composed a section entitled "Frequently Asked Questions"?. That would make it easier for beginners to get the answers they want, and any further questions could be directed there instead of bothering other threads or forums.

It's just a thought. Let me know what you think :)

-E

Believe it or not they tried to do this at one point. We really should just have a forum that the moderators place all the good posts into. An achieve.
A FAQ would be great though I am lucky as there are a few experienced freedivers/spearos in my area that are willing to teach.

I think it is a god idea but in some cases a FAQ section would be hard to come up with because there are many times more than one answer for one question. For example if someone asks for help in a method of trainning there may be 20 replies which all can be right and are very individual to each. Perhaps the FAQ should not necessarily try to answer the question but refer you to various good threads where the topic is discussed in detail. It would certainly be easier to browse.

Searh for freediving FAQ ;)

But the truly, the thing is. 99.9% of questions that are being asked now have been answered before. This whole forum is a huge gold mine of information if you learn to search properly. One other thing that I did in the beginning was to the "find all posts by x" function, when I learned to identify those persons who's posts are, how would I put it, above average. Then I'd just sit here and read everything that that person had written. I've also collected links to some good threads here, but I haven't updated it in a while.

I won't try to list here all the persons you shold pay attention to, but I guess most in this forum agree that it's not a bad idea to read most of what efattah has written. Some of it you'll want to read twice or trice, then go read some background info elsewhere, come back, read it again and maybe begin to get a clue what his talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: immerlustig
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT