• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greeting from Italy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

StefanoMizzi

Aug 22, 2009
Hi. My name is Stefano, I'm 44, I live in north-east Italy (close to Udine). I got involved in apnea because I got from my friends, as a 40th birthday present, an AA course, and I'm really enjoying it So far I didn't manage to practice it often enough :-( but I hope to have more time from 2010 on.

S.

Hi Stefano, welcome to db, there are some very nice Italians on this site.

Hey thanks for your warm welcome, I didn't expect anyone reading my post :). Since you're out there: should I say something more?

S.

Stefano, you will find db a friendly place lots of us enjoy finding out about our new members - how close to the sea do you live? Have you thought about spearfishing?

foxfish, indeed I find db a friendly place. I've been reading around for a while, and it's also very useful.

I leave too far from the sea :-( The closest spot is about 1 hour by car, but then I have to sail 10km by boat to reach a 10m depth :-( To get some reasonable depth, like 50m, although I don't need that depth - yet :) - I need a 3h drive.

I though about spearfishing - and I decided it's not what I'm interested in, at least for a while. I've been taught the Apnea Academy way, the the "relaxing" vision of freediving, and I'm happy with that. But I might change my mind one day...

Well we have some of the worlds best free divers on the forum & they have made thousands of words to help you reach 50mt..
I am lucky to live right alongside the sea but it is not nice out there at the moment, very rough indeed!

I though about spearfishing - and I decided it's not what I'm interested in, at least for a while. I've been taught the Apnea Academy way, the the "relaxing" vision of freediving, and I'm happy with that. But I might change my mind one day...

Benvenuto Stefano. Indeed Deeperblue has become just like Formentera: crowded, noisy and full of Italians rofl

Regarding spearfishing vs. Apnea Academy vision, don't forget that Umberto Pelizzari himself is an enthusiast spearfisher too, so you never know. Maybe some day you'll be tempted to give it a try.
The Deeperblue community strongly promotes a sustainable, selective, unagressive, leisurely, environment-friendly approach to spearfishing. It's not about shooting fish, as it's rather about being an active part of the underwater world. :)

And anyway, spearo or not, please feel welcome in the Deeperblue environment. :)

Dear Stefano,
Welcome to DB from Lake Garda, Italy.
Here you can find many friends and you will have a good time.

About spearfishing: I don't know if you heard something about Federico Mana.
He's an apnea teacher from AA and a freediving recordman. He practises spearfishing to improve his freediving performance. In fact, he said that this is a relaxing and differet way to go deeper.

I love freediving and spearfisihng because they are two faces of the same coin.

Spero che il mio discorso in inglese sia stato abbastanza chiaro. In ogni modo ti auguro di divertirti in sicurezza.

All the best,

KK

About spearfishing: you don't need to convince me, I am not saying that it's bad or something and I know most top feredivers are spearfishers as well. I just said that *by now* I'm not interested in it, and that one day I might change my mind and decide to look at... the other side of the coin, or the other side of the moon :)

Thanks again for all your warm welcome messages.

S.

Hi From New Zealand

Welcome to DB!! You'll find a wealth of information and friendly folk in here!!

Cheers!!

Hi. My name is Stefano, I'm 44, I live in north-east Italy (close to Udine). I got involved in apnea because I got from my friends, as a 40th birthday present, an AA course, and I'm really enjoying it So far I didn't manage to practice it often enough :-( but I hope to have more time from 2010 on.

S.
Welcome to this site and I am also newbie here.
My name is Camelia and I have just recently join this site.
I am here to interact with people and definitely get
the information regarding experiencefestival community.
Glad to join this site.

Glad you've joined up Camelia! Welcome from Texas!

Welcome to this site and I am also newbie here.
My name is Camelia and I have just recently join this site.
I am here to interact with people and definitely get
the information regarding experiencefestival community.
Glad to join this site.
Welcome Camelia, tell us about yourself! Where are you from, what do you do, what's your favourite freediving discipline?

Cheerio,
Ben

Ciao Stefano, Great bunch of guys and girls here.
Cheers, Don Paul

DB is full of great people, ha ha myself excluded obviously, but welcome in!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT