• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greeting from malaysia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sharkvin

Sep 9, 2005
:cool: Hi everyone. I'm Vin from Malaysia. I'm an advanced scuba diver and a novice freediver. This is my first post so I thought it might be nice to say hello. BTW anyone in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Mid septmeber to end september let me know if you want free premier tickets to 'Into the Blue'.

Hi Alison,
Thanx. KLs fine, we just got over the haze not too long ago. Time to get those lungs back into shape :cool:

vin

Selamat datang teman. Ini tempat terbaik!
sampai nanti,
Erik Y.
Of course I'm assuming you speak Malay :)

hi vin!
welcome :) tell us more about diving in malaysia... i have heard stay away from places like Langkawi... what's more exotic?

Hi vin :wave from central Europe Austria. MAy UI ask did you ever freedive on the close island of Bali? And if so where did you and how was it and if not do you plan to?

Premier Tickets for into the Blue nice what a shame that I will not be there. Have a good time at some Premier Afterparty ;]

Robert

I found Pulau Tioman a good place for freediving, amazing corals , and turtles!

Alison said:
And of course we're all assuming you are as wel ;)
Actually I speak Bahasa Indonesia, a derivative of Malay. Still close enough to communicate.
peace,
Erik Y.

Hi All,

Erik, ya saya boleh(bisa) cakap bahasa.
SKywalker, sorry havent dived at Bali before. Heard its more of a surfing place but I might be wrong :duh hehe.
Island_sands the last time I was at Langkawi I took a 40 minute boat ride to an Island called Pulau Paya. There, it was fun. You could freedive and hand feed a giant garoupa and also a giant Baracuda named Mustapha. Apart from the West coast if you are coming around May-Sep the ore exotic ones would be the east coast.

vin :cool:

Bali is mainly known for surfing I know that was the initial reason I was there three weeks :cool: (was not freediving at that point) but I did my open water license there at the "not wavey" coast at the foot of the Agung there is a huge (100m plus) shipwreck of a an american worldwar ship which starts at 17m :p . I would love to freedive that sometime the next year (when money is back hopefully)

Robert

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT