• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from a Somerset newbie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Coops

Back!
Feb 12, 2008
Big hello to all.
Been guesting the forum for a little while now, thought it was time to take the plunge, become a member and join in.
Been diving (scuba) for 2 years and have recently tried my hand at spear fishing. Hoping to get some serious time in this year and hone those skills.
I'm sure I will be posting some daft questions shortly, so I'll appologise in advance.
Heres to fine weather and good vis.
Tim

Tim, at last you’ve joined up well done sir and welcome to the world of Deeper Blue.
If there’s something you want to know mate then this is the place as there will be someone who has done it, suffered from it or can help with the answer to it.
The guys that you’ve already met Bryn (almostafish), and the 2 Johns (Flyflicker and Glowworm) you’ll find them lurking on the Dorset thread. It’s also well worth having a read of the Guernsey Thread as those boys don’t half shoot some fish not to mention being some very helpful people.
Enjoy:)

Welcome to Deeperblue Coops.Have a look at the South West Fish of the Month Comp thread.Don't be put off as a newbie as anyone can win even Podgeroflroflrofl

Welcome to DB! If you've already met Podge then you're doomed to failure!!! Let the rest of us 'heal' you now...............

Glowworm and Spaniard thanks for the “kind” words of confidence, you two buggers might be able to hold your breath longer than me (Juan you’ll be holding yours for the next 6 months mate:):):)) but I bet I can eat more pies than the both of you put together.rofl
Guernsey August, pie and beer contest, don’t bottle out now!!!!!:friday:friday

I’ve known Tim (Coops) for a few years now and I’ll tell you what he can pack the odd pie or packet of chocolate biscuits down, it must be something in the air up here in Somerset.roflrofl

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Yes i've been lucky enough to know Podge for many years. My psychiatrist says I'm making good progress though.
Looking forward to spending some time in the water this year

Reactions: Spaniard
if you fancy a bit of big green instead of big blue, come along to SaltFree - we train all year round and are not far from Somerset
saltfreedivers.com

Sam

Hi Sam both Tim and myself live no more than 10 mins from Vobster and I think Bryn was on about a bit of a swim around with a BBQ later in the year if you fancy it?:friday

i.e. no swim and lots of BBQ! roflrofl Actually I might be up for a bit of that so maybe we can get us a posse going, yee-ha? I can combine it with a cider tasting adventure. Black rat you say Podge?

i.e. no swim and lots of BBQ! roflrofl Actually I might be up for a bit of that so maybe we can get us a posse going, yee-ha? I can combine it with a cider tasting adventure. Black rat you say Podge?

You’re more than welcome anytime me laddo.:)
If you want a cider tour of the West Country just make sure that your medical insurance is up to date as you’ll need it by the time you go home.:hungover :blackeye :yack :waterwork :D :duh
We’ve got no stomach pumps down here mate but we could hook you up to a farm slurry sucker, that’ll get rid of the Black Rat Cider and cold pizza poisoning!!!rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT