• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from El Nido, Palawan

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Dec 12, 2014
Hi there,

I'm Jerome, french and 36 years old. I grew up on the western part of France. I started spear-fishing 20 years ago and traveled with my fins for 15 years. A ear problem made me stop freediving :( But it's fine as I'm slowly recovering. Anyway, now I'm the happy and proud owner of Palawan Divers. Palawan Divers is a PADI Dive center situated in El Nido. It is in the Northern tip of Palawan, a remote island in Philippines. You can have a look to our website: http://www.palawan-divers.org. if you want to check the place.
I'm a young retired film editor, and I love being in or on the water. Diving and sailing makes me happy. That's why I've quit my former comfortable life to move to Philippines. It's a great place to live when you like water!

Anyway, with my partner, we took over Palawan Divers one year ago and it works well :) Everything has been renewed and we offer a great service. But we are much more into free than scuba diving. My partner was a spear-fisher as well (he is a bit disabled after a motorbike accident) and we both love sailing. So, that's why we have recently opened an AIDA freediving school and an IYT sailing school. http://www.palawan-freedivers.com. That's why I'm now in this forum.

Our purpose here is to have a very nice and cosy apnea and sailing center to welcome properly freedivers, spearfishers and students, provide safety and quality(that's why we are partners with Freediving-planet) and promote our fantastic area and its marine life.

El Nido is really a beautiful place with an incredible setting. The bay houses more than 850 species of fishes, 120 of corals and many other creatures like turtles, dugons, nudibranch. The sea conditions are most of the time excellent. This is why the archipelago is perfect for courses and first-time freedivers. Underwater sceneries include vertical walls that drop down as far as 50 metres, slopes, sandy bottoms and colourful reefs full of life. Due to our sheltered position behind the small limestone islands, rough winds are not common.
So, starting on April we will start Freediving safaris on a cozy sailing boat between El Nido and the Linapacan area.

It seems like I just want to sale my stuff. But feel free to ask questions about free and scuba diving in El Nido or just traveling tips. It's worth it to come here. Just have to come during the best part of the year (mid-March to mid-June) and you will fall in love like I did!

Thanks,

Jerome

Just been to Palawan a few weeks back. Did snorkeling and now I'm planning to spend next year focused on being a freediving instructor. Hahaha. El Nido is that goooood. I'm not a diver (yet) but stayed in a hostel full of divers. I think a French-speaking girl from Quebec was taking her Advanced PADI. Not sure if it was with Palawan Divers but every afternoon they would guffaw and chime over how awesome diving at the spots in El Nido was. And the town itself is just so charming! Just the perfect vibe.

El Nido is really a beautiful place with an incredible setting. <- this is true. The week I stayed it was so cloudy and the lumps would just hit the karths and roll gently almost to the bay where the tour boats leave. It was surreal. Although I have to say when I was there, tour groups still tend to trample on the shallow reefs. Maybe more training? =((

I'll keep a tab on you Jerome! Once I get my certifications for freediving, I'll definitely come back to El Nido and try diving with Palawan Divers.

Welcome to the forum fellow newbie!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT