• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from Monterey, California!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

datbear

Nov 6, 2014
Hello everyone,

My name is Nicholas and I was introduced to this site by my colleagues. This website definitely holds true to the title of largest community dedicated to freediving, SCUBA, spearing, and anything recreaitonally aquatic, I love it. Looking forward to participating and looking through the archives here.

I am currently progressing towards being a Dive Master and I am a recreational free diver, constantly improving my performance everyday.

Besides refining my freedive performance and working with my Go-pro, my main project right now is painting my wetsuit to be aqua man colors. (orange torso, green everything else)
So far I've done a couple tests with acrylic paint and textile mediums, but if anyone knows a more successful method, I'd love to hear it!

thanks for reading
-Nicholas Ta

Welcome Nicholas.

I don't know whether they can help you with wetsuit painting, but if you want help with free dive spearfishing, you might want to contact this club.

http://www.montereybaytritons.com

A member of the club just returned from Peru where he was on the US team at the World Championship, and the club recently organized and and hosted the Pacific Coast Championship.

I was given a tip to contact mermaid fanatics (people who make mermaid tails) about decorating wetsuits, i'll do some research and share the info given to me!

thanks for the link, i'll definitely check them out! There are a couple spearfishing and freediving clubs here in monterey

Welcome to Deeperblue, Nicholas. You are fortunate to be from Monterey. I usually dive off of Del Monte or the Breakwall, though it's been far too long. I'd be interested in seeing the result of your wetsuit painting project. It sounds interesting.

hey Batray, I've been freediving at Del monte beach recently, surprisingly there's a lot out there than just sand banks.

been going up and down the beaches looking at kelp patterns

as for the paint job, I have all the material but that will be on hold. something about painting a $400 wetsuit irks me,

Yeah, it's surprisingly interesting out there. I did some diving near the buoys and there is a fair amount to see there, too.

Folks from my local dive shop have been hunting off that beach and they reported some nice halibut. Have you seen those? I mostly saw sanddabs and crabs on my dives.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT