• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from Portugal

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nebur

Feb 9, 2016
Hi,
I am a freediver and I also do spearfishing.
I found the forum interesting to know about equipment and share experience.

Welcome nebur. Is a permit required to spearfish in Portugal?

Welcome nebur. Is a permit required to spearfish in Portugal?
Mr. X you have to get a license to do spearfishing in Portugal. For mainland now it is easier to get this license for non-residents, I already read about some people who got the license by emailing (and paying for sure) to local entities.
But be aware, if you plan to go to Azores archipelago or Madeira archipelago it required a license for each region.

Reactions: Mr. X
Mr. X you have to get a license to do spearfishing in Portugal. For mainland now it is easier to get this license for non-residents, I already read about some people who got the license by emailing (and paying for sure) to local entities.
But be aware, if you plan to go to Azores archipelago or Madeira archipelago it required a license for each region.
Hi,
What is the name of the institution issuing Spearfishing licences in Madeira, please? Do you know if one can be obtained online? Are there alternative option I.e. Buy a licence from tour operators or dive centres?
I will be in Madeira for along weekend and wonder if I'll be able to apply and get a licence on Friday late afternoon?!
Thanks

Hi all,

After further research I managed to find the contact details of the Port authority in Funchal, Madeira. Their response was very quick and here is the info I got in an email:

Good afternoon,

According Decree Regional Law n.º 19/2016/M (article 8.º), the spearfishing licence, will be emitted by Regional Directorate for Fisheries, but it is pending respective regulamentation.

Meanwhile, the Spearfishing licence is being emitted by our services, and all process can be done by e-mail:
1. We suggest you send us a e-mail, using this address, requiring the Spearfishing licence(s), one for each practitioner, attaching a soft copy of respective identification (passport);
2. We will inform you the payment instructions;
3. You send us the payment receipt;
4. And we send you the respective liecence(s).

The Spearfishing licence is individually and non-transferable, valid from January 1ST till December 31th, and cost 5,38€ by each licence.

For further information, see the attach file.

MARITIME AUTHORITHY
CAPTAINCY PORT OF FUNCHAL
TEL: +351 291 213 110
E-mail: capitania.funchal@amn.pt
Address: Av. do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses, 19 - 9000-054 Funchal

Attachments

• SPEARFISHING.PDF
    32.7 KB · Views: 148
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT