• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ken Hutchinson

Mar 3, 2002
As long as I can remember I've liked swimming underwater. Perhaps because I seemed to swim better there than on the surface. I'm still not much of a swimmer on the surface, (Lord knows 20 years behind a desk haven't helped). It's been a wonderful revolation to find a group of people with some of the same interests. Being located on the prairie's (I'm about 40 miles south of you Erik) I've found there's not much knowledge of the sport. Dive shops tend to look at you a little strange, and stock little that is suitable for freediving. Thank goodness for internet ordering (my wife probably has a different read on that). Anyway, I've been picking up a lot of useful info from you guys, thanks. Although I'm still in the seriously amateur category, it's great to try some of the techniques mentioned. And it's great to come upon a site where people will share their wealth of knowledge so openly.

Hi Ken, nice to meet you...Wetaskiwin maybe? Why don't we hook up in Edmonton for some training? How about this Saturday at the Kinsmen dive tank...it's open to scuba divers for 1 hour, and I want to try some stuff with full kit on before the competition in Vancouver this month....if not, then possibly in the future? I really need to push the envelope in the pool in the next few weeks, and could use a spotter. Plus I'll share all my gear! And anything else really, to actually have a dive buddy for a change.
Look on my profile for my email address, and give me a shout.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Wellcome Ken, these forums have given me so much and I think this will be the best resource for years to come....I hope
thanks to the experienced people posting...and us less experienced as well so wellcome!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT