• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2018

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I found a ring of seven Tom, it seems the last 5-6 years have been very poor seasons, I know you said you have found a few Ceps last year but honestly... compared to years go by when whole areas and parks would smell of mushrooms!
I think it must be an environmental thing because it is not just the desirable mushroom but all fungi seem to be low in number.
Some folk have been blaming the States for spraying pesticide and I did think for a while, It might be over hunting but places like the common are also devoid of the previously abundant mushrooms.

Flew over earlier swear I saw a spearo in the sea ! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_4586.JPG
    IMG_4586.JPG
    707.8 KB · Views: 260
Out of interest do any of the Guernsey spearos do ant pool Apnea training during the dead of winter? I'd be keen but wondered where would allow intense breath hold and fin swims. Guessing bathing pools is the obvious answer.

Cold Night dive on Thursday evening with Ed , it was so nice to get out ! The vis was amazing and there was Still loads around , pleased to see the guilties ! No flat fish other then a lone turbot in the shallows . Very cold in my holey socks , definitely
IMG-20181227-WA0004.jpg
need to get some new thick Ones before I go again

Cold Night dive on Thursday evening with Ed , it was so nice to get out ! The vis was amazing and there was Still loads around , pleased to see the guilties ! No flat fish other then a lone turbot in the shallows . Very cold in my holey socks , definitelyView attachment 53288 need to get some new thick Ones before I go again
Impressive haul boys

Very nice selection there boys ! Well done .viz what's that ? Haven't had any for a long time now lol

Reactions: Eddy1666
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT