• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey (Again...)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
Hi everyone
There are a few people in Guernsey who freedive and/or spearfish pretty regularly.

If you are interested in freediving/spearfishing then get in contact with me or anyone else on this forum from Guernsey (George, Charlie, Adrian, Ian and others) - you will definitely find a friendly bunch with a broad mix of abilities.

Yes - I know it is a bit early for diving but I am in despair due to the general despondency and love-of-the-couch scenario of friends. One of my mates is happy to spend over 700 quid a year on car insurance but not 'splurge' on a 35 quid pair of Sporasub fins...

So if any of you are looking to get off the couch and into the water for early spring let us know. I think that there is also a Monday evening training session at the pool - time to practice those black-outs in safety (that's a joke before I get slammed - ref. to my first indoor training session - safety, safety, safety is the keyword).
Or if you just want to find out more about snorkelling type activities - get in touch.
Ed

I'm going to be on Jersey for a week in June with nothing to do. Anyone around then? And is it easy/cheap to get from Jersey to Guernsey?

Plenty o' people around - contact Neil Hayworth/wood at Apnea - I'm sure he has a whole bunch of people to go with.

Guernsey is close - about 40mins on the boat and probably about £25 or maybe a bit more as a footpassenger or maybe £60 with a car.

Let me know if you come over - could try out a few spots.
Ed

Hi Portinfer
I am 20min away from the Condor so I might come over for a Monday night and tuesday fish if that would be ok.

Almost a fish - sure sounds good - I work during the week but am free at about 5:10 most evenings so an after work session could be good - let me know when you come over.

Boue - the training is sporadic but it is Beau Sejour late on Mondays - it has sort of tailed off now that winter is over and the guy who normally (loosely) organises it is George.
Personally I prefer the sea to a pool so have been braving the wintery waters throughout Jan and Feb - the sea is a balmy 9C at the moment - I am out quite alot so feel free to give me a shout (pm or something)... if you are looking to get some depth then might be best to go with George as he is more into the depth thing (he is happier below 10m) - I am more into the looking around thing (4m to 12m or so) !

Cheers
Ed

Hi guys jersey is holding a international spearfishing comp on the 24th june. We have divers from France,Beligum and the UK.

Hi,

New to spearfishing and would like some advice on what length / type of speargun suits the local environment in Guernsey best? - from all the talk about spearing 300lb tuna I think if I followed their advice my first 2lb bass catch is likely to end up like dog food!

Hi Ed. I am new to the game, but would be interested in catching up for a dive and some tips if you can spare the time.

Tim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT