• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey Sea Bass

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
Yesterday I went out with some friends to a new place - quite a few fish around like this. Might be going back today !

Weighed in at 9 pounds and the smaller one at 4 pounds.

Cheers
Ed

Last edited:
Reactions: shaneshac
I caught the big one first and a short while later the smaller one. Pretty strong currents where we were so always keeping an eye on the tide state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldsarge
Nice fosh...

And what big hands you have...:D ;)

Wish we got that species here in Oz, I still remember catching one when I still lived in Germany.

edit: Fosh: Its like a fish only bigger...

Whoa! Dude, that's some serious seabass. Howdjer cook'em?

Almostafish - the large one was hit from above - I was drifting over an area full of weed, no movement from me, saw it below - thought of an empty lung drop for the shot but lined up ok from the surface and the bass wasn't moving off much so chanced it - shot through the side coming out in the lower area - just behind the gill plate. Other one was shot drifting too - the fast currents help, it was moving into the weed from off the sand.

Cheers Shane - yes, the Pelagos is like another limb now but might have to put it in dry docks soon as I will soon be driving a desk for most of the day again :( - good for the wallet though, but essentially a poor trade off ..... time for money
How are the Tuna ? Any sightings yet ? Been playing with your barrels ?!
Ed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT