• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gun Mount for my Sony T1

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
NOw that i have finally got my camera, my dad and I decided to make a mount for my totem tahiti.

Made from alluminum and attached between the gun and the reel mounts.

Dam i was gonna post a few pics but cannot :(

Shane, an "L" shaped plate holding the camera on one end and fixed by both of the reel mounts will really be strong imo. Why dont you try just folding an aluminum bracket of 1mm or 2mmin that size..

ps: you can drill some holes on it to make it even lighter...

Shane,We are waiting for the video of the winter basses.

Hey guys,

I just sent Fuzz te pics of the gu mount so he can post them.

Aydyn, I ahve made some good footage already.

Filmed the capture of 2 AJ a Sargo and a mullet. Trying to find a way to reduce the size of the mpegs. Memo is helping me out. He has seen one of the clips.

Juat came back from testing the bracket. Managed to film to shots at AJ which i missed, The camera mount is changing the shot, and from the recoil of the tahiti i have bent the aluminium plate.

Filmed a Dentex but it did not come in range :( Can just barely see it in the footage. Also filmed a big Sunfish

I think i have to revisit the drawing board. Maybe out of stainless steel or CARBON :p the plate will rock.

In the meantime i will continue to use the camera in the left hand.

why don't you mount it on your forearm, like the Dapiran did...it seems really good solution.

just saw the pictures and noticed that you can not mount this forearm easily. But you better to mount it to the other side of the gun for better field of vision;)

you can try to glue/mount some wood below the alluminium plate to offset the weight of camera and a plate or extend the plate to the other side of the gun horizontally and put some weight until you establish the balance, this way you will be able to shoot better, less efect on the parts due to recoil and not confusing moments of video during shoot coz of the recoil.

Thanks for the info Murat,

My first job ios to get a stiffer bracket.

I am searching for a CF plate in my rowing club. Lets see if i can find one if not i will use stainless steel

The shot came out suprisingly well although i missed the fish :D
Shane

Shane

hi....

you dont have to reduce the size, we can open our ftp server and you will upload to the ftp server all the videos that you want.
I can open one if you like and you will upload the videos into the server and everybody could go there and download the pics and the clips.

Ben

shane...

My brother will open for us a ftp server in our server, but first I have to know what is the size of the movies?...

B.T.W
there is another option, everybody know what is kazaa right so you can put your videos in your shared folder and tell us what is the name of the file and everbody could download it from you throgh kazaa.

you dont have some pics? that we can taste what is coming up?

Ben

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT