• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guten Tag from Sunny Aylesbury, UK.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jeggie

Oct 4, 2023
Hello folks.
I have just started Snorkelling and can't get enough - simply thinking about it all the time.
Sadly I live within 10 miles of the furthest point from the Sea in the UK AND it's just turned Autumn and cold so probably won't be active until May-ish next year.
Been Kayaking for years so familiar with tide and most sea hazards also have some useful gear for Snorkelling (Wetsuit/PFD/Drybags etc)
I will lurk the forums and soak up as much as I can.
Cheers

Jeggie

Reactions: Mr. X and DRW
Grüß Gott from drizzly Tyneside! Until several years ago, I occasionally snorkelled in the North Sea wearing vintage-style full-foot fins, an oval mask, a J-shaped snorkel and a replica early-1960s valveless drysuit. Nowadays I research the history of underwater swimming equipment across Europe instead. When I sea-snorkelled early in the day, I loved watching the sun rise in the sky as I floated on the surface, sometimes plunging a metre or so to the sandy bottom. Like you, I respected the tidal flow, preferring calm waters to billowing waves where I risked losing my mask or one of my fins.

Reactions: Mr. X and Jeggie
Grüß Gott from drizzly Tyneside! Until several years ago, I occasionally snorkelled in the North Sea wearing vintage-style full-foot fins, an oval mask, a J-shaped snorkel and a replica early-1960s valveless drysuit. Nowadays I research the history of underwater swimming equipment across Europe instead. When I sea-snorkelled early in the day, I loved watching the sun rise in the sky as I floated on the surface, sometimes plunging a metre or so to the sandy bottom. Like you, I respected the tidal flow, preferring calm waters to billowing waves where I risked losing my mask or one of my fins.
Haha thats a trippy answer mein fruend. I tried the occasional plunge and it was amusing to be yoinked back to the surface by my PFD. Some calm day I will unzip the beast and crawl the sands like the Lobster I was born to be. Hope all goes well with you up in the cold North. I'm jealous you're much closer to glorious Whitby though!

Reactions: DRW
Fortunately you live on a island, as they used to say " built on coal and surrounded by sea, teaming with fish". ( Sadly not quite so true or meaningful now!)

Reactions: Jeggie and DRW
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT