• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

H Dessault Footpocket Size Confusion

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bolts

Jun 1, 2004
I received my H. Dessault fins today in the mail from scubastore, and I'm a bit confused (besides the fact they got broke in transit, d'oh!). The scubastore.com size charts say 46-48 EU size is between 11-13 (I'm assuming?) US. However, on the fin itself, it says 46-48 and 13-15, so I'm confused. These footpockets are not terribly snug with a 3mm sock, and I'm a 12US.

Does anyone out there have any comments? I'm not sure what to do, get a smaller footpocket or what. :duh Obviously they're being returned, but I'm not sure if I should keep the same size or not.

I had posted this earlier,

"For anyone wondering about sizing (like I did) here’s what fits me. I ordered the 40-42 (7-9), my foot is a wide (E or better) 9 ½ , the 40-42 is “free” with out a sock and fits nice and snug with a 1mm DeepSee fin sock, big toe just peaks out the front. Hope this helps someone."

If you seach sporasub or H Dessault you will find more posts relating to your size (10-12) issue then I found for me. Hope this helps

John

Please find the attachement
All data collected from major equipment producers
I had no option but to zip it

If anyone has more, please let me know

Thanks

Attachments

• shoe_sizes.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
bolts

I have a size 12 C foot as well. I ordered 44 46 and they fit well, barefoot up to 3mm socks. My problem is if I want to use my 5mm socks I'll have to get bigger foot pockets. When mine came the water tempurature here was 46 to 48f. So off I went anyways dying to try :) I still made a comfortable 2 hours with the 3mm socks. But I see the larger foot pockets as well on my horizion because of the climate I live in.

hope this helps

jim

Last edited:
The perfect fit in freediving fins can be a hard thing to come by, because each size is made to fit about 3 foot sizes. If one size with a 3mm sock is a little lose than the best fit may be with 5mm sock. But the additional thickness of soft neoprene, when you don’t need it for warm, means your foot is not as solidly connected to the fin as ideal. My experience with Omers and Picassos is that a 42-44 is a little loose with a 3mm, but 40-42 is way too small.

Just keep experimenting and you will figure out the best for you. Hopefully you can try some 44-46 pockets and/or some 5mm socks before you buy.
don

Well, an update on my fin situation. The fins that were too large (13-15US) were broken in shipping, so scubastore sent me another pair of smaller fins (11-13US) at no cost. Plus, they told me to keep the broken ones, so I got to keep the bigger footpockets. :) Woohoo! Thanks, scubastore! With a 3mm sock, they 11-13US pockets fit nice and snug, whereas the 13-15US were a loose and slipped in the heel a bit...and as said, I'm about a 12US shoe size, and a pretty wide foot. I think the larger footpockets would be good with a 5 or 7 mm sock, as they're big, but not so big that they're falling off my foot.

A few notes...the smaller sized footpockets are of the new type mentioned in some other threads. In other words, the rubber is much softer and more flexible than the older ones, without sacrificing overall rigidity of the footpocket. In short, it's easier to put the things on.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT