• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

H.Dessault Gear

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ha Ha what a relief mate..great shop to visit by the way but probably nothing like you would imagine.

I do know someone who has been to the shop and they said the same thing.

Might be worth a day trip this year then.

Lazuli i think they must grow and tap the trees themselves as the quality is very good.

They are easier to load than say...Cressi G20 rubbers but pack more punch.

I have more than once taken the head clean off a mullet or pollock with my 90cm gun.

My 75cm gun put the spear straight through the shoulder/head area on my 11lb bass.

That's what you want. easy to load lots of power:martial

I used H Dessault rubber rubber since 1985. It has always been my first choice. The black has always had a different smell, similar to the JB esclapez
rubber of the 90's.
Cheers, Don Paul

Last edited:
Reactions: glowworm
+1 for H. Dessault rubbers: they ROCK!
It's the only non-italian product I've ever recommended. :D

Wow recommendation's from Don Paul and Spaghetti:)

I knew i was buying the right kit:)

I only recommend bits of a kit that have produced hi performance for me.
Expect what you inspect.
Cheers, Don Paul

Oh come on Mr Scottwilson you know i have one:inlove:inlove:inlove:inlove

The gun is very well balanced.
Easy to track with.
Built in rail makes the gun super accurate and quite.

The carbon is very rugged and has survived some scary moments getting in and outrofl

The safety catch is well placed so if your hand is off the back of the handle then the safety is on.

A very simple back to basics design thats well built.

The standard shark fin spears are easy to use and again very strong.

I also have the standard ali gun and it has all the features of the carbon just in ali.

It would take a gun of unbeleiveable quality and performance to make me change.:inlove

Attachments

• 100_4041.jpg
    100_4041.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_5458.jpg
    100_5458.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_4040.jpg
    100_4040.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
So is there really any noticeable difference between the CF & the aluminum?

OH GOD!!!!!! I see another gun winging its way to my house in the next couple months roflroflrofl I blame you glowworm :)

Quote "It would take a gun of unbeleiveable quality and performance to make me change." Glowworm

Omer XXV Gold 90.

Conversation ends.

Reactions: glowworm
Mart in a short length like 75cm, carbon won't make that much difference in my opinion.

With a 90cm it makes the balance and tracking ability so much easier than ali.

The weight difference helps on longer dives too.

Come on Mr Wilson you need one brother:)

Old Man Dave i don't think your right but i will try to find someone who has an Omer XXV Gold 90 and do a comparision.

Is not half the battle believing that what you have is the best:)

Their suits must be good!
Dessault DUO Wetsuit - Mens 5mm
[DESDUOMAN5] £285.00

The suits are very good.

I have an Xtend suit which has 4.5mm long johns and 5mm jacket.

The neoprene is very soft and stretchy which is a blessing and a curse.

My suit has lasted 2 seasons and is now finished.

At that price i have this time ordered a different make of suit;)

You can look on youtube for the Team Dessault videos.

Some very good spearos and footage.

Thanks for the heads up Glowworm! I sure hope they will offer the Dessault bands in bulk. These were the best bands I ever used.

I was introduced to these bands at Bruno Hermany's dive shop in Rio (he was a 2 time world spearfishing champion from Brazil -- the third athlete on Cressi's spearfishing site) back in the late 80s. I still clearly remember him bringing them out from the back room saying they were the very best there were.

Unfortunately I had to go back to the amber bands later as the Dessaults were hard to get back then... I guess they are still hard to get nowadays too!

Don Paul, do you know how do the American Primeline black bands compare to the Dessaults? I hear the Primeline black bands are good but have never had a chance to try them as I currently use RA bands.

Thanks,
Claudio

Last edited:
Don Paul, do you know how do the American Primeline black bands compare to the Dessaults? I hear the Primeline black bands are good but have never had a chance to try them as I currently use RA bands.Quote: Claudio

I use rubber from Mori and Riffe when I cant get the Dessault. I used to do a lot of testing but my fingers can't handle any bands over 130#s on my game gun.I do believe many builders use Primeline.
Cheers, Don

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT