• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

H.Dessault Gear

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Azapa i am suprised you have had your troubles. I will confess that the non-carbon 75cm is not aswell built as the carbon 90cm i have.

I cannot comment on the real as i don not use one.

I have shot many many fish with my 75cm though

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: azapa
Sorry for the late contribution to this thread but I was surprised to see so many folk using rubber O-rings and similar to hold the barb against the spear. I do this from time to time (I bought a load of mixed O-rings some years ago as part of a large order from one of the on-line hardware warehouses); the small O-rings fit the XXV's 6.3mm spear perfectly. However once you fire - especially when you hit a fish - the O-ring soon ends up way down by the muzzle bungee. I simply don't have the time/patience to be resetting that each shot. So, if I use one, I set it in place at home & its only good until I take the first shot/fish.

How does that compare to your use of the rings? (Or is this essential for the double-barb spear mentioned earlier in the thread?)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…