• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hall of Fame - Discussion

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If you were impressed by the UK Fish of the Year as featured on the main post of the Hall of Fame then check out the latest entry :).

Dave.

PS you may have noticed that I have added a feature "Latest entries" just under the featured catch and above the rules..

Nice find Sunfish, straight on the griddle with that one mate.:p:p
As for the Gilt head well the pictures say it all.:)

The Hall of Fame is filling up fast. Lots of great stories providing some exciting reading.

http://forums.deeperblue.com/spearo-board/82043-deeper-blue-spearfishing-hall-fame.html

If you’ve already had a good look through then you might appreciate a new feature on the main post just above the rules where you can find a list of the latest entries with hyperlinks.

With 5 entries into double figures you now need a bass (European) over 10lb to get on the board.

Still plenty of chance to look up your old posts and maybe get into the HoF. Just make sure you comply with the rules and give me a shout (PM).

If you’ve applied but haven’t made it up in lights yet then that’s probably down to me still “working on it”. Please be patient.

A little tip here. If you want to see all the pictures you have posted go to User CP (top leftish on the screen), scroll down to Miscellaneous and click on attachments and there’s a list of links to your pictures. However, here’s the bit I didn’t realise ‘til recently (although probably everyone else knew) if you scroll down again at the bottom you can click see thumbnails and hence actually see your pictures. If you haven’t done this then give it a try. It’s useful for finding stuff and maybe locating some HoF entries.

Connected to the above as I was too mean or actually too lazy to sign up to be a DB supporter I only had a standard (small) allocation of space for my pic’s. I therefore have deleted lots of old ones to make way for the more recent ones. Unfortunately for me that means I have lost some old pic’s which would have qualified me for entry into the HoF. But the rules say no pic no entry.

Well enjoy reading the stories and ogling the pic’s in the HoF and get entering your old catches before getting out there this year and catching something big enough to be immortalised.

Good hunting you all.

Dave

Anything to say then you can say it here http://forums.deeperblue.com/spearo-board/82045-hall-fame-discussion-2.html#post755284

Last edited:
Who's had a good triggerfish or mullet then? There's a photo of my PB trigger somewhere on here but it was caught before I joined DB and so is ineligible.
Lets see your best mullet, trigger or conger or John Dory for that matter.
I'd like to see Foxfish's crabs again.(Is there a touch of double entendre there?)

I think I have a garfish, a thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet & those crabs somewhere out there?

The photo is gone from the crabs post. You'll have to find it and replace it.

That is because my brother Derek took the pic & he is not a subscriber!
I have a bream too.

There are lots more historic catches out there that were reported on DB. I have found my 7.14 wrasse. I deleted the 2 pics but I had saved one on my computer (not the best one unfortunately). So I should be able to resurrect that one and meet the rule requirements. Found a few pictures and weights of bream, mullet and wrasse but not many people contacting me about them so sort of running out of energy to chase them all up. Have PM-ed Spearo Dave re big pollack though.

Dave

Yes I agree. Mind you it's an open entry to all DB members and it would be nice to see some Norwegien fish as well as some from other parts. No Aussie fish yet or South American ones. No red sea or gulf states entries either. Con centrating on getting some more species on there so Mart's gar is there all 8oz of it.

Dave

Mullet, one of my favourites and I’ve shot a fare old few, most of which have had no pictures taken. That’s going to change this year, roll on the summer.:):)
Dave’s that’s a beauty of a Wrasse, I’d like to see that one mate.

Had a savage mullet there over a year ago, but didn't get any photo's:head snook up on him injun like and shot him behind the head. he took off but came back and smacked me in the mouth before i could subdue him!

have to pick up a weighing scale for this season, to add to my kit.

Just had a few days in Norway, I'll be taking my spearo gear when I go out later in the year, around Septemer I reckon. The family I visit have just got a boat as well so that's a result.

MB

Dob's big Leerfish is in the HoF. Must confess thatI'd never even heard of one before.

One of the ideas behind the HoF is to encourage people to weigh their catch, photograph it and share their stories. It's not intended to promote trophy hunting and so far seems to be being treated with the right sort of spirit. So get yourself those scales abusingelves and Greenhorn don't forget your camera.

Dave.

PS I really fancy spearing in Norway. 10lb plaice anyone?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT