• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hammerhead Evo 2

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Royce808

Sep 13, 2016
What's up guys. Just wondering if anyone uses the evolution 2 110 cm?
I been using the evolution 90 at first and got used to the aiming on that. I usually aim a little lower then the fish and I always hit it. With this new 110 I have, man I'm missing like crazy! It's frustrating. I still catch fish but I feel like I'm missing shots that I shouldn't be lol. I think I'm about to set up a target soon and practice. I dive a lot , sometimes 3 times a week and I would think that I'd have the aiming on my 110 down by now. Anyone familiar with that gun? Any tips? I'd appreciate it.

Also I have 2 9/16 Rob Allen black bands on it

Have you tried aiming along the side of the barrel, rather than over the top? That is what RA usually suggest.

So I tried aiming down the side of the barrel on the 110 and still no luck. I pat some sand and had a big papio(trevally) swim straight towards me and I have no idea how I missed. I finally shot a smaller Papio. I'm sure it was in the middle and when I shot it it shot very low. I would assume recoil would make me shoot high? Anyway I went back to using my 90 and would hardly miss. Maybe 90 is just the right size for me idk

The aiming down the side of the barrel advice from rob allen is a old advice concerning their old guns which they use to shot on the side "ghetto style". So not related to their new guns or hammerheads. Rob allen joined another thread some month ago and said this after the "aiming down the side" was mentioned.

Unless the setup on the gun isnt over/underpowered it may be that you're not used to the length. I did a similar switch but opposite, i went from a 120 to a 90 for my inshore hunting and found that the 90 was much easier handling which resulted in more catch.

Something that helped me alot to figure out how accurate my gun is, if it shoots high/low and best way to aim it was target practice. If you dont have access to a pool where you can targetpractice then put a line on a weight connected to a plastic bag and go to a shallow area that doesnt have too much current. I added a small clip on the other end of the line so it is easy to remove and attach new bags. You can also use a marker and make a mark in the middle of the bag so you have something clear to aim at and compare to where the spear hit.

I did this for the first time some day ago after having two days with a alot of misses and i started wondering if the spear might be bent or something else. Turned out that it was actually just me being unfocused these days and also trying aiming with one eye closed.

Last edited:
The aiming down the side of the barrel advice from rob allen is a old advice concerning their old guns which they use to shot on the side "ghetto style". So not related to their new guns or hammerheads. Rob allen joined another thread some month ago and said this after the "aiming down the side" was mentioned.

Unless the setup on the gun isnt over/underpowered it may be that you're not used to the length. I did a similar switch but opposite, i went from a 120 to a 90 for my inshore hunting and found that the 90 was much easier handling which resulted in more catch.

Something that helped me alot to figure out how accurate my gun is, if it shoots high/low and best way to aim it was target practice. If you dont have access to a pool where you can targetpractice then put a line on a weight connected to a plastic bag and go to a shallow area that doesnt have too much current. I added a small clip on the other end of the line so it is easy to remove and attach new bags. You can also use a marker and make a mark in the middle of the bag so you have something clear to aim at and compare to where the spear hit.

I did this for the first time some day ago after having two days with a alot of misses and i started wondering if the spear might be bent or something else. Turned out that it was actually just me being unfocused these days and also trying aiming with one eye closed.

Ghetto style lol. So they ment to turn the gun to the side ,ok I was just aiming down the side of the rail lol. Target practice sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about target practice but every time I get to the beach im like ahhh I'll just practice on the fish and I'll get it but I still miss a lot with my 110. Been using my 90 again but I'm just gonna put my pride aside, set up a target and practice with the 110 bc I really like the range and power I get with that size. Thanx for the help man I appreciate it

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT