• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

handspears (dont laugh)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just like women, as long as it looks good and fulfills all of my needs, I don't discriminate ;)

:D

yeah...use that line all the time Harold? The wood on the hybrid might be all the wood you get... :t

You lose dakine gun and all you'll have are chopsticks brah! 'Course that would mean that Rig and I would be the only West Coast representatives sportin not only the tools, but the tools!!

By the way, I just finished my latest titanium pipe gun, a 43" piece of hand rubbed love. So I just loaded that bad thang up with some fresh 9/16 bands, put the tip to the floor and went to unload it. Bad mistake.

It lifted me off the floor, put the Riffe butt through the ceiling drywall, put my knuckle print next to the hole, and took a brand new 9/32 Riffe shaft and put a 90 into it. :blackeye

Yep, I'm ready!! :crutch

sven

rofl

Good to hear there's someone else out there who jumps first and looks later. I thought I was a dying breed :D.

Any more submissions to the "Darwin Awards"?

When I was 8 years old, I thought I could make my own shotgun by taping a 12-gauge shell to the end of the barrel on my BB-gun......didn't work :blackeye.

Edit - I'm not advocating that being a moron is fashionable....just that we all have done stupid things before. We learn from our "mistakes" ;).

Last edited:
Chopsticks?

I've got some good wood left ;) Those are just the guns I've picked up in the last few months minus my 55 hybrid waiting for me back in Hawaii. :eek:

Sven, a friend of mine knocked himself out trying to get a tako(octopus) out of a hole in Kaneohe(Oahu, Hawaii). He was using the point of his riffe to coax the tako out of the hole & mistakenly discharged it with the point about an inch from the bottom - butt of the gun uppercut him under the chin & he was very very fortunately saved by his buddy. Be careful there, I can only imagine how much worse it is out of water :(

Basically what I told Murat is that one of the main selling points of a Wong is his lifetime warranty & while this is great for those of us in the US, it's unfortunate for outside countries that have to pay a small fortune if something needs to be repaired. For outside countries, RIFFE is probably the way to go simply because replacement parts(while expensive) may be more easily obtained.

Hey Murat -not sure what kind of riffe dealers you have in your local -but here (in Saudi) Al-Korayf just started stocking riffe's. price's are about the same as stateside - but taxfree. not to far from cyprus....

Willer

Originally posted by fuzz
but how are the prices for other brands of guns like Riffe, etc.???

PM me & I'll give you the low down. ;)

Well there is a Riffe dealer that i can not visit coz of the poletical shits.But they sells them with not that much price different.

Originally posted by Amphibious
Hey Murat -not sure what kind of riffe dealers you have in your local -but here (in Saudi) Al-Korayf just started stocking riffe's. price's are about the same as stateside - but taxfree. not to far from cyprus....

Willer

The price on the ticket depends the shop owner.Nobody can tell him/her to lower the price.Unfortunatelly this is the way it is here.:naughty

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT