• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Handy Info.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nicky

May 10, 2002
Hello everyone,
I've recently read an ancient book that is about 60 years old called "The Silent World" by the one and only Jacques Cousteau. It was fantastic and if you can get your hands on it it can teach you alot (I was pretty ignorant before but now I know a little).
There is also a fantastic show here in Australia called "Pilot Guides", a travel show thats on the ABC on a Sunday night, and it has some fantastic SCUBA diving every once in a while. Check it out if you can, don't know if its on anywhere else in the world.
Anyone else who has read some good books about this sport we all love, or a movie, or show?

~ Nicky ~

:girlie

hi nicky

i recently saw the 90 minute ocean men movie on tv. had some really cool underwater scenes in it. there is also the imax movie coming out but i haven´t seen this one yet but given the massive screen it surely will be worth it.

but then again i´ll be back in egypt in 3 weeks so that´s an even bigger screen.

and today i received a book by chaques mayol called ´homo dolphinus´. it´s huge, heaps of pictures and from just the first impression very interesting. i can tell you more about it once i´ve read it.

unfortunately that´s the ONLY(!!) book i found on freediving. all my theoretical knowledge on the sport i so far got out of the internet (like this website).

i do have a couple of good scuba books but i don´t know if you are into scuba.

if you (or anybody else on the forum) knows of any book about freediving please share with all of us.

keep reading (until you get back into the water)

roland

:cool:

Reactions: Nicky
Thanks for the information...
Yes I am into SCUBA, also snorkelling, freediving and spearfishing....though I need more experience with all of these.
Ta
~ Nicky ~

Hi Nicky ; we need some new contributions to the "spearing photo's " thread ...

Sure!
Tell me how...I have a scanner and a fantastic photo of my brother and his 29kg Malloway (or Jewfish whichever name you like) that I love showing off. You won't get a photo of me though as I'm camera shy :eek: .
Chow ;) .

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT