• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Has Anyone Managed to Get Out Much?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Paraaronoid

Jul 6, 2007
All of this rain and wind in Sask. has made the season so far a crappy one, anyone else having much luck?

I've only been out twice so far (busy with landscaping this year), but so far visibility in Sask. lakes has been terrible. Went at the end of May to one of my honey holes, viz is normally 30-40 feet and could not see the end of my gun in most places. For all I know, walleye could have been 6 feet from me and I'd never know...

Hope you Albertans are having better luck with the weather than here in Sask. Tons of more rain forcasted for the next several days, that won't help either and I was hoping to get out on Saturday...

Me and Gates went to Twin Lake a few weeks ago- We both had about 10 or 12 good Pike in the sites but didn't pull the trigger. It's illegal here and I'm not that fond of Pike. No perch up yet that we saw, and the Burbot were sleeping deep somewhere too. The vis was actually really good- it had stopped raining a few days before that.

Gates went out last week and shot a big sucker and ate it! They are good eating- better than Pike IMO.

I'd like to get out to Sask at least once this Summer.

Cheers,
Erik

I was up at Whalen Bay on june 4-7 it rained most of the time but the vis there and heritage was normal. Got a few pike at heritage but they weren't where they normally are, it was tuff normal fishing too.

Me and Gates went to Twin Lake a few weeks ago- We both had about 10 or 12 good Pike in the sites but didn't pull the trigger. It's illegal here and I'm not that fond of Pike. No perch up yet that we saw, and the Burbot were sleeping deep somewhere too. The vis was actually really good- it had stopped raining a few days before that.

Gates went out last week and shot a big sucker and ate it! They are good eating- better than Pike IMO.

Mmmm, pike - I'm desperate for my first fish fry, I'd take pike :) But I don't think I'd try sucker :)

Reminds me of a dude on YouTube that speared a carp, then ate it...Not so good - but by the sounds of it, sucker must be better than carp!

I was up at Whalen Bay on june 4-7 it rained most of the time but the vis there and heritage was normal. Got a few pike at heritage but they weren't where they normally are, it was tuff normal fishing too.

Very cool. I was up at Heritage that exact same time last year and couldn't see more than about 7-8 feet...But it was cold, windy, etc. and a very late spring - probably still in turnover.

Suckers are good eating? One of the only legal fish here - and supposedly quite clean in terms of mercury and whatnot.

Chris the ones here are really good to eat, also very easy to clean. Not like carp as far as I know. They are "junk" fish here so we can shoot them too.

Paaaronoid, I do like Pike if it's from a clean and cold lake- usually in the Spring is better. But the right fish batter (ie: Canadian Tire has excellent stuff) can make a boot taste good haha!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT