• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

have you read Umbertos Interwiev??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
I promised to my fellow freedivers here in Finalnd to translate their articles in English, (I told them I am no translator) Last article I translated included Ubertos interwiev about his decision to stop competeing and about his future plans... I just thought if there are people interested in it??
I don't know if it is fair to post it here or should we wait till it appears on freediverfinland.net??
Well I just thought some of you might be interested... :confused:

Pekka,

Deeper Blue as a site would be very interested in posting articles and since we are the premier site for Freediving the authors would get a large amount of exposure.

However, copyright is an issue here and you need to seek the permission of the original authors of the articles before you can post them anywhere, even in these forums.

Contact me privately via PM or email to discuss republishing the aritcles on the main Deeper Blue site if you get permissions from teh authors.

woops..sorry

I am sorry for the wrong link......I'll try to be more careful in the future...:waterwork

Hello everyone ;)

I'm the editor of Apnea Magazine, which owns the copyright on Umberto's Interview (author: Corrado Natale, Apnea Academy - FIPSAS instructor).

All our staff members write without getting payed, we all just want to give our contribution to the development of freediving, spearfishing and underwater target shooting.
That's why we're happy if someone likes to republish our articles in other languages. Besides, even if we're working on an english section of the website, we already know that we won't be able to afford the translation of every single article we put online.

We require just one thing: who wants to republish our articles must give credit to Apnea Magazine (putting a link) and to the author of the article (quoting his/her name). That's all :)
If you like to tell us you're going to use our articles, well ....we do appreciate that. :D

Joefox

Joefox,

Thanks!

Deeper Blue contributors (everyone from myself to Editors to Staff Writers to Contributing Writers) all do this for free so are always looking for great new content to put on the site!

I'll submit the article for review by our editorial team and if it gets accepted i'll make sure it gets the proper links!

Ok Stephan,

you're welcome.

We have a complete non-prof translation, if you want to get that just contact me :)

Joefox

Ohh I am sorry for all this....well I hope I didn't offend anyone.. I am just bit too enthusiastic I guess, forgive me..:waterwork
happy diving to you all!

No worries

Pekka,

no worries at all :)

I love freedivingfinland.net so much ! I've also put their logo on our homepage among partners & credits :D

Don't worry, be happy ;)

Joefox

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT