• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

having problems CLOSING eustuchian tube

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ActiveMatrix

here fishy fishy!
Apr 10, 2004
Ok folks, here's my current ear situation:

My left ear has been a pain in the arse lately, doesnt want to equalize no hands, driving me nuts

My right ear, on the other hand, is a DREAM in the water. It literally equalizes itself! Out of the water, though, it drives me nuts. if I take a fast breathe in through my nose, I can hear and feel the pressure dropping in my right ear, and when I exhale, I can feel it rising, as well as sometimes hearing the air blowing through my throat.

Here's some history on my ears...

As a child, I had frequent ear infections, as well as occasional ear bleeds, with no pain, but I would wake up and find blood on my pillow and an ear full of blood. Doctor said not to worry about it, didnt do anything about it. Last summer, I got in a fight and someone punched me in the jaw with brass knuckles. I got knocked out and hit the pavement, my jaw was literally pushed back into my ear, my right ear was bleeding like a seive afterwards. The docs checked it out, said I'd be fine, sent me home with ear drops. This ear had not been right for a while, minor hearing loss, and occasionally I would go to clean it and find a little fleck of dried blood. Oneof my first freedives this year, I came out of the water and felt something in my ear, when I got home i swabbed it out and a piece of SOMETHING looking like year-old dried blood and nastiness so big I couldnt believe it had come out of my inner ear. I assume the constant pressure changes had blown it out of there. Now, my hearing is miraculously all better, but ever since I havent been able to close that eustuchian tube. Any ideas? Its awesome in the water, but a pain in the ass on dry land.:duh

Just stay in the water :p

Maybe it is just stretched from that strange object that has been lodged in your ear, and will eventually close back up. How long has it been this way?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT