• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hawaii, world cup 2002

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

andrsn

Just visiting...
Aug 26, 2001
wanted to know how many people were planning on going to this event next year? is anyone going in groups? i heard stephan mention of his attendance. thought maybe we'd have a deeperblue mecca or something. :cool:

i'm planning on being there, but will, for the most part, be out in the blue dodging tigers and taking shots at pelagics with some of the locals.

just thought it'd be a sweet location to meet and hang with some of our members.

maybe we could start a fundraiser? ;)

~ anderson

humm............

i like that idea as long as my parents let me go :D rofl

anyway what sort of fundraiser were you talking about.

and when is the world cup? hopefully during school ( oh i had a long day)

i think its a grand idea

please i want to here some opinions

I'm in...

I think it'd be a great thing to get together with anyone here. Maybe at a convention tent, quasi luau, or something at the post event ceremonies. T shirts, raffles, swapping lies with the faces behind the screen names...

Where, when and so on? Next stop cheaptickets.com.

Sven

Game on gents...

* Crispin goes to bamboo store and begins to build raft in Tom Hanks Castaway stylie....

If I leave next week - i'll meet you there!!!

We'll be there

Don't worry guys, myself and Cliff will be there for sure - Deeper Blue is aiming to have a big presence there so we'll be organising places for people to meet up and so on.

I'll probably be aiming to stay on for an extra week or so to chill before going back to work anyway...

Bring it on!

Dates

Oh - and the dates for the World Cup are:

October 28 – November 4, 2002

International Competition vs. World Championship

I've spoken to Sebastien Nagel, president of AIDA and he ahs informed me that whilst Hawaii is an International Competition, there will be the official Individuals World Championship in early October held in the Red Sea.

This makes it interesting for us lot at Deeper Blue as we now have to figure out how to cover both events and DEMA in the middle of October as well!

Stephan,
Is AIDA organising the event in the Red Sea as well, or is it some other organisation?
I agree that there should be an individual world championship but not at the same time as the team championhips.

Foot the tab Stephan, and I could probably see my way clear to cover the Individuals event...:cool:

sven

LOL! I'd love to foot the tab but we haven't even secured sponsors for our coverage yet!!

As far as I understand it, they are both organised by AIDA - Hawaii being a team competition for the Pacific region.

The Red Sea (dates to be confirmed) will be the official World Championships but individual competitions only.

So, as long as our "real jobs" (as everyone involved with Deeper Blue are volunteers) let us time off our travel arrangements are:

Early October - Red Sea
22-25 October - Las Vegas (DEMA)
28 October - 4th November - Hawaii

I think I just heard my bank manager having a heart attack...

Donations to the usual address please :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT