• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hawaiian style gear?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gitano

Feb 20, 2003
i'm headed for the big island and looking to do some freediving and spearfishing while i'm there. i will mostly be in the west and north of the island. what is the general concensus in suit style and thickness for the area? i will put a future posting in the hunting forums for guns style and method.

Posted a reply to your hunting thread as well.

3mm will do you fine. Euro open-cell wetsuit always a big plus, but you can get by on the cheaper stuff & save a few bucks to buy drinks for the ladies :hmm

i'll by the drinks for dive buddies

i'm maried so no buying drinks for girls, just the guys i go diving with i guess:confused: . thanks i already have a euro 3 so i guess im set. is the water really that cold?? duh it is the middle of the pacific(it's an ocean not a sea, sorry mediterranean think) please forgive me but how many degrees is the water, thermoclines? :D

Hey Gitano,

Contact me before you leave and let me know what your schedule is. I live in Kona and would be happy to help you out with some good easy spots to dive.

DSV

mid may to mid july

that is my schedule in a nut shell. if your into hunting i have a thread going by the same name in the hunting section, input is wanted desperately! thanks for the invite and send me a private message im still not certain as to how im supposed to retrieve them:confused: :D

To retrieve PMs, either click on the private message option under "Your Personal Features" on the main forums page -or- click "user cp" button at the top of every page and the private message option will be on that page.

big thanks

the info you sent me is great and vey useful. what book do you advise for learning bluewater rigging?:D

hi

To learn all about Bluewater hunting, Terry Maas book called Blue water hunting ( I think thats what its called) the one with the 398lb tuna on the front. This book explains everything along with great fish pics a must read for a serious spearo.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT