• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Hay fever and free diving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ash1977

Sep 24, 2020
I always suffered from hay fever since childhood now I'm 43, willing to learn free diving. Any problems with hay fever ? Can I start free diving?

I always suffered from hay fever since childhood now I'm 43, willing to learn free diving. Any problems with hay fever ? Can I start free diving?
yes having an allergy is not the end ! Their are herbal nasal sprays as to pharmacey meds avaliable i use kestine for my allergy or Ebastina teva medicine i consume a 2 week prior to allergy season until october,.If its pollen agitating your eyes use a eye bath 2 /3 times a day!less irritation ,.Important nasal solution of salt water spray avaliable from most Pharmaceys afer a few trys it becomes second nature that naisal spray help unblock waste built up in your nassal passage .The ear nose and throat are connected nassal spray helps unblock whrn you have the cold if your nose is blocked and you immerse to a depth your ear shall perferate or you risk other damage i take with my marker Bouy alot just in case if i have a nassal blockage if the water current turn cold

Thanks alot for your reply
So you have hay fever and with controlling your symptoms you are still able to do free diving past 5 meters?

Thanks alot for your reply
So you have hay fever and with controlling your symptoms you are still able to do free diving past 5 meters?
Yes the secret for us is use the compressed salt water that is named iso mar or other brands from a Pharmacy ! prior to your immersion spray the solution into your nassal passage 1st attemp is not pleasant then after continue 2/3 times in both Nostrills you shall feel the solution to your throat thats when you place one finger on one part of your nose and eject reversing the air from the lungs out of the nose then vice versa your hearing and balance shall improve in a instant then alike all apnea decents softly gently the thumb and fore finger on your nose of mask push the air out of your nose while retaining the thumb and finger on your nose of mask this shall great a pop in both ears this is called compensare compensate this process allows you to go deeper its all in the ears nose and throat their all connected ,If you sense pain in ears or blocked 1 or 2 nostrills return to surphase and clean nose again with isomar or other for my mask i use mouth wash to stop fogging and only in emergencies mouth wash up the nose if no iso mar i remaining although i dont recomend the mouth wash for every one a bit out of the norm

Yes the secret for us is use the compressed salt water that is named iso mar or other brands from a Pharmacy ! prior to your immersion spray the solution into your nassal passage 1st attemp is not pleasant then after continue 2/3 times in both Nostrills you shall feel the solution to your throat thats when you place one finger on one part of your nose and eject reversing the air from the lungs out of the nose then vice versa your hearing and balance shall improve in a instant then alike all apnea decents softly gently the thumb and fore finger on your nose of mask push the air out of your nose while retaining the thumb and finger on your nose of mask this shall great a pop in both ears this is called compensare compensate this process allows you to go deeper its all in the ears nose and throat their all connected ,If you sense pain in ears or blocked 1 or 2 nostrills return to surphase and clean nose again with isomar or other for my mask i use mouth wash to stop fogging and only in emergencies mouth wash up the nose if no iso mar i remaining although i dont recomend the mouth wash for every one a bit out of the norm
The other part is to empty the old Air out your lungs nice And slow until you feel them touching alike Air out a bag .Then practice breathing with your stomach not your rib cage And wear a suit that dosent permit cold water in in big volumes this shall cause you to be cold and have a blocked nose youll find at 4 or five meters the temperature drops becoming colder if this is the case i use the surface to recover my temperature in the suns rays happy to help

Thanks again that was very helpful

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT