• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hdr-hc1 underwaterhousing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

magiatika

Feb 8, 2006
howzit,

i'd like to know if anybody is familiar with the sony hd camcorder hdr-hc1 for underwater footage, what housing are you using?
any feedback on the ikelite housing made for this model?
and what about that camcorder for underwater use? pros and cons? type of computer equipment needed for editing in hd?
thanks for your input...

There are several excellent housings - I personally don't like the plex housings - if you're going to put an HD camera in a housing - go aluminum. Gates, Light& Motion, Amphibico are the top brands here in the states. I personally am getting a SONY TRV950 with L&M Blue Fin housing which can later be retrofitted for the HC1 and I am all about that.

For any info shooting video underwater, visit UWDV.COM - we are the only resource dedicated to shooting video underwater

The HC1 is fantastic HD cam. I have been working with many freedivers who are getting into U/W video and photo and the compact size of the HC1 along with the exceptional quality makes it, in my opinion, the ultimate freediving video camera.

I was out in Hawaii with the Julie Riffe doing some freediving and filming two weeks ago. I shot the HC1 in a Gates housing as well as an FX1 in a Gates. The HC1 was so easy to use, lightweight and had little drag.

There are several housings available for the camera. Most notable are Gates, Light & Motion, Amphibico and Equinox. I personally chose the Gates for mine as I believe they have the best port optics and I am a big fan of the mechanical controls and their reliability. The Gates is the ONLY housing that allows access to the Manual White Balance Control so that was a huge deciding factor as well.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you at all.

Reactions: foxfish
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT