• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

head down BTV

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The deepest I did BTV is 17m but until 17m I was equalizing using frenzel...
I have some problems now (blood spiting - not lung squeeze) so I wont be diving for a couple of weeks so I'll practice BTV...

I've metioned this training routine somewhere else before. here it is again -hope it helps you out there:

plug your ears - turn on some loud music - work out your palate muscles. by hearing the music getting louder (through your middle ears) you have a feedback of the effectiveness of your btv maneouvre and get a training effect thru this...

good luck to you all
pat

BTV - easy on the coffee

BTV - Butt Training Value ?

Its reassuring to know that others recognise the value of Butt training.

It can be messy believe me...but the titanium lining on my suit makes the clean up easier !

Anyway...i'll soon be off this ship (6 weeks aaaahhhh), so the Bass and Mullet (and triggers) of SW Ireland better watch out

hello everyone,

i've trained to open my eustacian tube a full year, once a day, and sometimes 30 min long. After 3 month i manged to hear clicks, btw cracking, by moving some muscles (have no idea which one). And after diving every day ( 2 weeks long ) my eustacian was opened for 30 min :confused:
After i managed how to click, btw to hear clicking, i learned to equalize my ears in the air ( 8 month ), i needed first 3-5 pushes to equalize with same result as with frenzel in the air. Now i'm on Malta and dive every day. I meet one who can equalize handsfree, we were diving together for 2 weeks. He explaned me his feeling by equalizing, and how he does it. At the time i could hold my eustacian tube opend for long time (head up or down, no matter) and by breathing throw my nose i could equalize without any problems (in the air).
Then i took a day only to learn equalize efficient. I dived down to 2-3m without equalizing and tried to open my eustacian tube by same technique as in a air. And it works without any problems. Then i tried to go deeper. I noticed that no matter which technique i use to equalize, i have always problems with my left ear :waterwork even with frenzel, valsava, mouthfill ... it takes always 1 sec. longer to equalize than the right one, so that i have mostly slow descent.
Are my ears different? :confused: btw perheaps is something wrong with my left ear, because after 3-4 dives i cant equalize. I have to shake my head, and it fills like the water comes out of it :confused:

whats wrong with it ? :waterwork does anyone have the same problem?:(

Last edited:
If your left ear is the one that's giving you problems, try stretching the left side of your neck by tiliting your head to the right while you equalize.
Also try to equalize as often as possible (yes, even twice per meter if necessary), that solves much of the equalization problems.
Good luck. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT