• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello all

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

afshapes

Jun 18, 2007
Hello my name is Andrew and I have just started Spear fishiing, I have been surfing for many years and recently recieved an excelent 30th birthday gift of everthing I need to get started. I had a bash this weekend just to get used to the water, mask snorkel, weight belt and so on but i am off to abersoch this weekend to have another go so fingers crossed I may see something. I understand that this sport relies on being a little secretive but anyone got any advice for a newbee off up to north wales?

Hi thanks for the reply, will do a search cheers, I got the mostly seacsub, a 65 " gun and fins, a typhoon mask and snorkle, weight belt an dnasty looking knife!

Cool stuff and happy hunting to you. If its a big knife you mite want to consider getting one thats of smaller and lower profile as big knives tend to stick out to much and get snagged at awkward times. But you could also wear the knife on the inside of the leg as this will reduce the risk of snagging and losing it as a big un can come in handy from time to time when you have to free yourself :)

Hey, welcome to the forum - You will find it very beneficial , Loads of advice available and great people who want to help!!
Where abouts are you?? im on Anglesey and have been spearing for a couple of yrs now - But only this year started a bit more seriously and bought new kit etc after i found deeperblue - Then found out what ive missed:head !!
Keep in touch , as i say im no expert - but i have very recently started on a steep learning curve. Welcome to PM me if there's anything i can help you with ..

Many thanks again, I really can t wait to get stuck into spearing, I have been contemplating it for a number of years now and finally I've got round to it. I Live in south wales near cardiff, but am originaly from Aberystwyth which is where I will probably focus most of my attention. got to say though I am a bit nervous about it all!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT