• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello and a question: SCUDAs--I need to find a new one and some new mouthpieces

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

scubaaddicts

Oct 19, 2007
Hello all,

We live to dive--and that's it. I am very interested in freediving because it is the most free and peaceful activity I can think to do.

So hello to all! I actually came to this site for information on "packing".

I have a diving equipment question: I have SCUDAs--self-contained underwater drinking apparatus. I need new ones and new mouthpieces but can't locate a site or anyone who knows about them.

It would be great if someone can point me in the right direction to get some new ones. I also once saw information on something called a sea pump which is also a drinking apparatus for underwater, but also can NOT find that now, either.

Thanks for any help anyone can supply!

Scubaaddicts

I just use a water bottle. I have a new one with a built in water filter so I can just fill it up below the thermocline and drink from it. Since your in Michigan I figure your divng freshwater.

It may not be recomended, but when diving the wrecks off of Whitefish I would just drink the lake water- never got sick.

I remember the SCUDa's, but I haven't seen them in a while. Could you just replace the mouthpiece with one off of a Camelback? Actually, couldn't you just buy a Camelback and use one of those?

I just always found it easier to tie a clip onto a water bottle and clip it off on my harness.

Jon

A small one way valve sold at online spa repair shops could be rigged up to a sealed unit with a vinyl or pvc hose type straw. They are called one way air intake valves.:) They are very small but adequate to drink through easily.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT