• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello Deeperblueites!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepSeaDan

Aug 17, 2008
DeepSeaDan from Southern Ontario Cananda conveying greetings & salutations!
I'm in my 35th year of diving this year. Ten of those years I spent as a commercial deepsea oilfield / Marine construction diver, working in offshore oilfields & marine installations around most of the planet. All that diving was done with gases supplied from the surface to a diving helmet via umbilical. We also used saturation technology regularly to work economically & safely at great depth. Didn't do much scuba in those years as one becomes reliant on that physical connection to surface. When I finally quit "the life", I had a slow transition back into self-contained diving - I was for ever feeling for my umbilical for the first few years!
Now I teach recreational diving & enjoy it immensely. I try to limit my depths these days as I racked up thousands of hours of exposure time in my working years ( without a single bend! ) - I reckon it's best not too push one's luck too far.
I look foreward to discussing diving & learning new things from all the good membership here in the Deeperblue world...

Best Fishes,
DSD

Last edited:
welcome to db dan seems like you have had an interesting time diving thus far.

Thanks Feargus. I see by your profile you are into freediving. I've always loved doing that, though I'm not trained at it - ::45 is a long breath hold for me.

So tell me something of what your interest involves; are you a competitor who travels extensively for meets or is this more of a hobby for you?

Best,
DSD

Hey Dan
More of a hobby that takes up a lot of time but i have travelled for comps but not too far and not a very serious competitor. The furthest i travelled was Egypt for a course great spot.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT