• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello divers!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jee

Jan 25, 2005
Hello everyone!

I'm about new to the forum, reading it for about a year, with not much post until now. :)
I'm freediver, I don't hunt, sometimes I go to freediving competitions (until now it's only pool), though I'm not sooo good. :) I live in Hungary, Budapest (about), diving without equipement since I was born (actually, before that also a few months - as everybody :)). When I was little, they told me, I'm spending more time under the water, than on the surface. I'm not sure this was true, but in fact I always liked diving (at few years old, I wanted to be a "deep sea diver" (whatever it is), perhaps it was the effect of the Cousteau films).
After watching Luc Besson's film, I still didn't know much about freediving, but - as no remarkable depth was around on the land :) - I invented the dynamics for myself (that time it was 50 meters DYF, after the 1 km of swimming, it was my reward to put on the fin :))

Now I'm CMAS **, DAN ox.pr. diver with a little cave experience, and the president of AIDA Hungary.

bye,
Jee

Hi Jee,

I'm also new to this forum and as is se we'r kinda naighbours. I'm form Slovenia and also a freediver.

We had a competition last month in Maribor and i spoke to some of ur friends I guess but they didn't show up... Too bad :( but it was the 1. competition in SLO and it wasn't AIDA ranking. We'll try to make it AIDA ranking next year...

Hope we'll be in touch as we'r not so far away as most of others here.

Hi SanSan!

I was thinking about writing on your thread, because we are neigbourghs, as you wrote.
I'm sorry, we couldn't go to your competition, it was a good one, I know. First competition is a unique event. :)

Anyway, we are planning a competition to organize also. It will be MAN II (last year we had MAN I - Magyar Apnea Nap actually means Hungarian Apnea Day, if translated). It is possible that we organize it together with Slovakia, but it's not sure yet.

Anyhow, you and your team are welcome to the competition! I hope to see you.

Can you tell about the Maribor competition? Or do you have a web page with the tresults, pictures? :eek: I just remember: I saw your webpage! It's a good one, with a lot of stuff on it. I almost registered on it - I think I will later.

Now, we are planning a trip to island Pag at 14th of May.

bye,
Jee

Sure we'll try to come to your competition, just let me know when and where.

The HP of our competition is www.apnea-mb.com. Our club HP is under construction right now. I'll give u the link when its finished.

How long are u planig to stay on Pag. Maybe i'll be in croatia with a friend in that time and if we'll maybe come visit U. I allways like to meet new friends. Especialy freedivers. Maybe we cold make a training together. Well U never know.

I don't know exact date now, but we will put you the details of the competition on the webpage, as soon as they settled down. I drop you a mail or a private message here, and perhaps post a new thread about it.

We will be there for a long weekend from friday to monday (on these days also). It would be great to dive together. we will be about 7-9 divers. Zeljko also will be there, I hope so (perhaps you know him).

I belive U mean Zeljko Vedrin. I know who he is but i newer met him. I know he does some courses. Maybe I'll take it... I'll try to make it to Pag. For sure i'll tell U in about a week or a bit more.

Yes, he is that. Freedive teacher (Apnea Academy). I've heard good things about his courses. Some of our team had been on it (two levels). They liked it, and thought it was usefull.

Sent a message.

"Sea" you then!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT