• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Alaska

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sitka_Diver

Oct 17, 2005
Just wanted to say hello from Alaska to all u people...And rem.Alaska is waiting for u to come dive the sea...

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 181
Hello there,

I took the Alaska Marine Highway on my move to Anchorage. We had a few hours lay over in Sitka so I went for a dive. Great diving, I'd love to do some more next time I go through there!

Welcome Sitka Diver.
I've never been, but do love the north end of Vancouver Island, hope to get up further in the future.
A captain I used to work for has a boat called the Nautilus Explorer does dive trips up there in the summer www.nautliusexplorer.com . Great pics on his site. I'd love to come to Alaska someday :)
Peace,
Erik Y.

I worked on the Nautilus VII, the predecessor to the new boat.
Peace,
Erik Y.

Sitka_Diver said:
Just wanted to say hello from Alaska to all u people...And rem.Alaska is waiting for u to come dive the sea...

whoa! Kudos to you mate for braving that water... welcome to DB. :D

Welcome to the forum mate,I want to come Alaska but i cannot decide about the thickness of wetsuit ,i must get with me :) .
Hope you enjoy the forum
Aydın

Took a freediver out the other day and he had a great time..We just dove the hole dive while he came down once in a while to see what was going on..

Here are some Alaska dive pictures. There aren't from Sitka but where we've been diving out of Anchorage.

Attachments

• cavern.jpg
    cavern.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Jelly.jpg
    Jelly.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 145
Reactions: Freediver81
And some more

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Seward.jpg
    Seward.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 146
  • waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 152
Beautiful Pics! Thanks for sharing them!

The guy (you?) in the picasso wetsuit looks like Mr. Bean! :)

Said

Sarge, they dont have wet suits up there , They skin Bears and use the fur under Dry bags.(suits) :) :)

We're freediving with 7mm suits. Scuba with dry suits. When I dove in Sitka (July) the water temp was 54 deg. F which was warmer than the water in Seattle. Most of our dives this summer were in water about 50 + deg. F. Of course it's colder in winter and early spring.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT