• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Alaska

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sitka_Diver

Oct 17, 2005
Just wanted to say hello from Alaska to all u people...And rem.Alaska is waiting for u to come dive the sea...

Attachments

• 77.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 183
Hello there,

I took the Alaska Marine Highway on my move to Anchorage. We had a few hours lay over in Sitka so I went for a dive. Great diving, I'd love to do some more next time I go through there!

Welcome Sitka Diver.
I've never been, but do love the north end of Vancouver Island, hope to get up further in the future.
A captain I used to work for has a boat called the Nautilus Explorer does dive trips up there in the summer www.nautliusexplorer.com . Great pics on his site. I'd love to come to Alaska someday
Peace,
Erik Y.

I worked on the Nautilus VII, the predecessor to the new boat.
Peace,
Erik Y.

Sitka_Diver said:
Just wanted to say hello from Alaska to all u people...And rem.Alaska is waiting for u to come dive the sea...

whoa! Kudos to you mate for braving that water... welcome to DB.

Welcome to the forum mate,I want to come Alaska but i cannot decide about the thickness of wetsuit ,i must get with me .
Hope you enjoy the forum
Aydın

Took a freediver out the other day and he had a great time..We just dove the hole dive while he came down once in a while to see what was going on..

Here are some Alaska dive pictures. There aren't from Sitka but where we've been diving out of Anchorage.

Attachments

• cavern.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Jelly.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: Freediver81
And some more

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Seward.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 147
  • waterfall.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 155
Beautiful Pics! Thanks for sharing them!

The guy (you?) in the picasso wetsuit looks like Mr. Bean!

Said

Sarge, they dont have wet suits up there , They skin Bears and use the fur under Dry bags.(suits)

We're freediving with 7mm suits. Scuba with dry suits. When I dove in Sitka (July) the water temp was 54 deg. F which was warmer than the water in Seattle. Most of our dives this summer were in water about 50 + deg. F. Of course it's colder in winter and early spring.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…