• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

radziah

Sep 16, 2014
Hello fellow freedivers,

I am Radziah Radzi from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I am a newbie with a little pool freediving experience here in KL. We are pretty far from the sea so I don't go to the ocean for freediving. I first learn freediving in a AIDA 2 (pool only) course in December 2012. Yes, we have pool only course because of the distance from the ocean in our case. Since then, I have tried competing in pool only events, my first competition is the Malaysia's 7 Seas PoolMaster Apnea pool competition in March 2013 and then in Andaman Freedive Challenge 2014 (February) in Koh Lanta Thailand.

Later on, we, some small group active freedivers in Kuala Lumpur decided to make celebration for our 57th year of Malaysia independence (because we gained independence from British in 1957) by organising some exciting freediving events throughout the year. This is organised by my friends: MissDivers Club/Divher.com (http://www.divher.com/) to increase awareness about freediving sport in Malaysia.

We currently have a for fun freediving league called Liga-F ongoing for pool disciplines, which we do twice or once monthly with STA, DYN and DNF events take place each time. The accumulated points are carried until the end of the year (3 more legs left) and next year we will have a real serious AIDA-sanctioned pool competition where the Top 10 freedivers from Liga F will compete. The current ranking can be viewed here: http://www.divher.com/index/liga_f_rankings/0-42

I messed up some legs with Red cards and just stay at no 5 now hehehe :p. Nevertheless, I am happy that we managed to get more people to explore freediving and we have lots of new people started to take course and enjoy competing in Liga-F. So we are growing into a big family here in pool freediving scene in KL.

In June, we went to Borneo part of Malaysia, a very beautiful island in Sabah, Pulau Mabul and we have a Malaysian record attempt in the Depth disciplines, FIM, CWT and CNF. I just tried CNF and get to make a very short distance Malaysian record for female in CNF to just 13m depth hehehe :ROFLMAO:. It is still a record nevertheless. The other more experience Malaysian freedivers did better accomplishments to greater depths of 53m in Male FIM and 40m in female CWT. You can view all the Malaysian national record in freediving here: http://www.divher.com/index/malaysia_freediving_record/0-16

Well, I hope I can learn more from the community of experts here in DeeperBlue in many freediving areas and hope to be able to do depth freediving in future (because I have ear issue that I do not want to jeopardise). At the moment, I am focusing in pool freediving and hope to get better and better.

Wow, I wrote too long, hope you guys do not get bored. See you around in the forums.

Cheers!
Radziah Radzi

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT