• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

HELLO FROM NEW YORK!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SPEARMATT

Mar 28, 2018
Hi guys and girls. I am new to the spearfishing (6 months in) and excited to be a member here so I can start learning from more experienced people than my self. I live in New York state about 6 hours northwest of New York city. I have family in Rhode Island and Florida which is where I will be doing most of my spearfishing. Already done Rhode island multiple times and doing Florida in a few months. Also love regular fishing and hunting. I am a CNC machinist and own a small shop that I work from. I can make some pretty nice parts/components out of aluminum,stainless steel and plastics so if anyone on here has any ideas for speargun parts, camera mounts etc or any other sort of part ideas please hit me up for sure. I love a challenge and I love making things for fun instead of the usual making things for work. That's about it for now looking to forward to being a new member.

Had another member recently join from upstate New York. You might want to find him on the Intro subforum and reply to his posts.

Hi guys and girls. I am new to the spearfishing (6 months in) and excited to be a member here so I can start learning from more experienced people than my self. I live in New York state about 6 hours northwest of New York city. I have family in Rhode Island and Florida which is where I will be doing most of my spearfishing. Already done Rhode island multiple times and doing Florida in a few months. Also love regular fishing and hunting. I am a CNC machinist and own a small shop that I work from. I can make some pretty nice parts/components out of aluminum,stainless steel and plastics so if anyone on here has any ideas for speargun parts, camera mounts etc or any other sort of part ideas please hit me up for sure. I love a challenge and I love making things for fun instead of the usual making things for work. That's about it for now looking to forward to being a new member.

Hi - from a fellow upstate NY'er.

I am indeed looking for buddies to dive with, however I am not particularly interested in spearing stuff per se. If i find out anyone in our area who is i would of course drop you a line. I'm very interested in free diving for the peacefulness of it, and the relaxation, and enjoyment. Good luck to both of us, since I have read the articles about diving alone and don't want to become an epitaph!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT