• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from North Carolina

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ibrahim

Feb 2, 2018
Hi all! I am very glad I found such an online freediving crowd.

I used to be an average swimmer, but I did not swim for the last 7 years for studying time management sake - such a shame! A month ago, I had the chance to get back to water, and start swimming, but that's when I found out more about freediving - wow, just wow - and from that moment I knew that freediving should be part of my life. I started simple freediving training, found out I can hold my breath statically for 2:50 seconds and swim for 50 meters underwater with no fins.

I am super interested to get in touch with freedivers around me, so if you are in NC or Florida, let's talk! I am from Raleight, NC but I am planning to go to Florida on May for a week or so. If you are from Florida, I would appreciate it if you gave me your insight on my first post .

Dive safe ! (y)

Reactions: Jimmy Clarke
Welcome to deeperblue :) Be sure to reply to other threads from your area if you're still looking for buddies.

Hi all! I am very glad I found such an online freediving crowd.

I used to be an average swimmer, but I did not swim for the last 7 years for studying time management sake - such a shame! A month ago, I had the chance to get back to water, and start swimming, but that's when I found out more about freediving - wow, just wow - and from that moment I knew that freediving should be part of my life. I started simple freediving training, found out I can hold my breath statically for 2:50 seconds and swim for 50 meters underwater with no fins.

I am super interested to get in touch with freedivers around me, so if you are in NC or Florida, let's talk! I am from Raleight, NC but I am planning to go to Florida on May for a week or so. If you are from Florida, I would appreciate it if you gave me your insight on my first post .

Dive safe ! (y)
Hi Ibrahim,
I’m new to the area myself but have been trying to learn more about it. Have you been able to get in the water yet? What about gear? Do you have the basics or would you need to borrow some stuff to get yourself operational?
- Jimmy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT