• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Spain!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

UMPQUA

"In spear we trust"
Nov 20, 2005
New to Deeperblue! I would like to thank everyone for putting in the time to teach, conversate, and be involved with the growing number of beginners as well as all you "salty" veterans. I have learned a considerable amount from everyones advice that I hope my advice in the future may be just as helpful. I will be back on the California/Oregon coast in less than a year and hope to meet up with anyone in that area for choice spots as well as tips for the colder waters. Right now Spain is chock full of fish and 5mm is comfy. :wave

Welcome to DB and where are you located in Spain? There are a few of us on DB living here so it might be possible to meet up sometime.

Adrian

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Your guys rock! Adrian, Im living in Rota, 134kilometers north of Tarifa. And It would be great to dive with your crew sometime. I do most of my fishing from the shore in 15-20 meter water. I fish near the light house in Los Canos de Mecca. The Bay of Cadiz near my house has poor visibility. I am new to spearfishing but have already honed my gear down and am very comfortable doing 3 or more hours of diving. I have never speared from a boat and would love to get to some bigger fish. I have next four days off and plan to be out persuing the hunt. Hope you will be too. Talk to you all later.

Hey,

That is the mecca of spearfishing

That is Cape Trafalgar where the next world record AJ could be shot.

Be careful with the currents mate. Are you fishing to the left or to the right of the lighthouse?

I have seen big dentex to the left but the current is pretty dangerous if you are not careful.

Take care

I am fishing to the left(looking at the lighthouse from the access road). I have experianced the right side and the currents gets nasty. Straight out from the lighthouse is really good as well. I found a great way of drifting from the point to the beach area. Ive been unable to stumble on big fish, I have been extremely quiet and am still coming up with little success from the beach. Yes, Greendiver, I would love to get south in your area for a great catch. I got the next three days off and can get there in two hours.

UMPQUA said:
I am fishing to the left(looking at the lighthouse from the access road). I have experianced the right side and the currents gets nasty. Straight out from the lighthouse is really good as well. I found a great way of drifting from the point to the beach area. Ive been unable to stumble on big fish, I have been extremely quiet and am still coming up with little success from the beach. Yes, Greendiver, I would love to get south in your area for a great catch. I got the next three days off and can get there in two hours.

Pm ,ed you!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT