• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from the Netherlands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SjoerdSurf

Jan 27, 2016
Hello, just introducing myself here on the forum. I've always been interested in the ocean and sealife in general and also spearfishing, although I have never had the opportunity to do it. Now I'm practising and learning about (complete beginner) freediving techniques and hopefully I will be able to do some spearfishing trips in the future. It would be nice to get to know some other Dutch freedivers and spearos.

Groeten,
Sjoerd

Reactions: divingJoe
Hello, just introducing myself here on the forum. I've always been interested in the ocean and sealife in general and also spearfishing, although I have never had the opportunity to do it. Now I'm practising and learning about (complete beginner) freediving techniques and hopefully I will be able to do some spearfishing trips in the future. It would be nice to get to know some other Dutch freedivers and spearos.

Groeten,
Sjoerd
Hi
Just moved to The Netherlands and am looking forward to try the local spearfishing.
What is everyone doing/going?

Spearfishing is illegal in Holland as far as I know. Besides the coast line is very sandy and not ideal for hunting. Depending where you live you could travel to Northern France which is your best chance to hunt good fish. Are you training freediving in a club and do you have your own gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: divingJoe
Spearfishing is illegal in Holland as far as I know. Besides the coast line is very sandy and not ideal for hunting. Depending where you live you could travel to Northern France which is your best chance to hunt good fish. Are you training freediving in a club and do you have your own gear?

Hi Kodama
Am Portuguese, was living in Australia before, have a lot (!) of gear (suits, spears etc..) been spearfishing since 14 years old - in Oz was spearing every weekend and wanted to have a go here as well.
Sandy bottoms can be good for Flatfish or kelp forests.
I cannot find anywhere Dutch legislation concerning Spearo - at least not in English. Everyone says it´s probably illegal but cannot point to a specific legislation.

Am living in Boxtel area, would be great to meet other spearos

Are you used to travelling to Northern France for spearfishing?

Yes was there twice last week unfortunately the conditions where not great. Should be getting better from here on.
Are you planning a trip?

Sent from the abyss

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT