• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from West Africa!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jako

Apr 1, 2016
My name is jake. Born in Milwaukee WI. I just wraped up my first season as a new spearo. We get about 20ft of rain every rainy season and it is around the corner. I am the only one of my kind where i live. I dive alone by circumstance and not by choice. Visibility is always a problem. It can range from 1-3meters. It is rather poor most days. I enjoy the challenge. I bought a Seac Bolt 95 from a tourist right off the beach. Paid way too much. Well worth the experience tho. I have gotten well aquanted with the waters that i live by. I live on the beach. I swim to all my favorite locations. My PB is a Jack Cravalle 3.2kgs. I use a fish scale. I am entering the sport by shear determination and dumb luck. I make tons of mistakes. Im very thankful for youtube and forums were i have learned a lot about handling lots of gear in the water. My first priority being safety. ( please, no comments about diving alone, thanks).
Most of the spearing i do is in 3-5 meters of water off shore. I swim about 200-300 meters from the shore to get to some spots that have fish. Most of the fish i shoot from the surface. I really enjoy being in the water and eating what i can bring home.

Welcome to Deeperblue forums! You are very dedicated to dive in such conditions! Glad to hear you enjoy the sport so much.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT