• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello I'm a newbie!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aka

Jan 22, 2004
I dive for hunting since July....and me and my friend saws that I've good skills for a newbie! To be honest from the beginning i've greatest static/dynamic times than the old school!
After 2 weeks I was able to have static apnea (agachon) for 2 minutes....and dynamic ( à l'indienne ) for 1'10"....and go easily to 15 meter for hunting.
When i try a static apnéa (outside water) i did 5'01"....
Now i didnt specially work that and i'm able to dive at 20 meter for hunting without matter! I dont go deeper coz of the security and i dont know somebody who could follow me! So i will try some stage to go 30 meter and more ( in a sports way, not for hunting!)
Now i'm able to do 6'01" (outside water)...but i've no really technics ( breath and relax)
Is it good very good, normal for all of you who dive????
Thanx to answer!

It's very nice to have answered....i love the way divers says welcome each others...
Why nobody care when there is a new member , it's kind of pathétic misters mods!

Aka,

Welcome. I'm sure that nobody intended to overlook your post. Maybe folks are just jealous of your 6:01 static (I know I am;))

Well there is a newbie forum (for beginners)

And I have a static of 6'35", and you're time is very good for a beginner/anyone so with training you could have 7-8+ minutes.

By the way I would say that 6'01" is not normal it is very good and much better than most, so I would think you have a natural ability.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Thanx to answered, i will begin to train for statics....What's the time you need to do for have the permission to compete?
I learn that US record is 6'56" ( hope i can do it in 1 year...) and French and World record is 8'24"....so what is your country record, is there a link for a internet site with all the best time in statics?
Seal are you Danemark champ?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT