• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello to all of u:)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ISeeTheStars

Aug 29, 2004
Hello people:) I am new here ... and kind of new to this wonderfull sport. I say kind of .. cause I was unable to swim ... so I dove all the time:) ... but now I have some guidelines to follow.
I just wanted to say hello and thank u all for this great and helpfull place:) .
PS.: I have read the post about "drunken frog" kind of swiming .. (breast stroke but lying on the back instead) and it seems strange that not many people know this:) I have discovered this very nice style on my own and its very ... well .... goood :) mostly if u swim on the bottom of the pool and there is someone swimimng on the surface above:)

Have a great time freediving

Hello, ISeeTheStars

This is the place to be to learn all you can about freediving, spearfishing, scuba, and more.

This might sound like a staff-member reply, but in fact I am a relatively new member as well.

The people that you'll be able to write to, and take advice from, are just about all helpful and experienced. If you can't find what you're looking for in the forum, ask someone. They'll either tell you what you need to know, or give you a link to click on, or a topic to research and study. I've learned alot more just sitting in on posted threads and taking others' inquiries and knowledge into personal consideration. I've learned even MORE about training, exercise, personal issues, and the friendly international community from the News sections, and technical articles of this site.

Besides where else can you post replies with world-famous freedivers and the like?

The staff here, from what I've experienced, are helpful, humble, humorous, and supportive. I've got nothing but nice things to say about this site. I know it might not be my place to say, but I'm sure I speak for just about everyone here as I welcome you to Deeperblue.net.

I hope your interests are fueled by all that this site has to offer.

Warren

Wow

Thank you very much for your reply:)

I must say I have studied a lot of threads and I can really feel all that you are speaking about, but I am really happy that you wrote it :) could say it better ... partly cause my english imperfection, and partly cause I am not that good in it....

I have started reading DeeperBlue one week ago ... and its has become the forum to read on every day basis for me.

Maybe its partly because of the nature of this sport, that the people are so helpfull and friendly ... I have experienced this also when I started rock climbing. And I guess its because when your life is in the hands of your friend on the other end of the rope ( or your diving buddy to stay under water:)), it strenghtens the relationships and makes people better. At least thats my observation :))

So I am really happy I can be part of this great freediving community, and I hope soon I will have also any experiences to talk about with you.....

So far i have just made it from 1:07 in dry statics to 2:50 in a few days of practice ... but still a long way to go ... I am hoping to join some freediving school near the city where I live ...... but at the moment I am still reading all possible discussions on DeeperBlue and trying on my own .... (and cause I am so far away from the sea ..... Czech republic ... the center of europe ...errrr:/ ...... I am really hoping to get to Croatia for some time to do the real stuff:)))

well .... thank you again:) and see you around

Welcome ISTStars. This is as Warren states, a good place with good people.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

welcome I See the Stars and hello to everyone,
I'm new on here also, and new to freediving.
so far this site has been invaluable, great advice and attitudes.
I'm a d&b dj that travels alot and use dj/music forums all over the world
and this forum is so much more kick back, less competitive, and positive than any other community I have seen, keep it up!
hope to meet some of you on my travels.
glenn aka dj Big Head
http://djbighead.com
http://bassground.com

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT