• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello to diving people

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

picasso

picasso
Oct 3, 2007
Hi there :),

I have just stopped working for a while to visit this great community. I like diving from my early years since I first saw underwater world. I also started to ask for diving and was recommended to learn swimming first so I swam for more than 7 years visiting country competitions. Few years ago I have redirected back to scuba diving. Now I exploring magic of free diving.
Enjoy your diving, have fun and many safe and nice dives.

picasso

Welcome on DB. Breathtaking paintings, Michal. Are you doing your living with, or is it just a hobby?

Hello Trux,

I suppose you understand Czech, however I keep continue in English. I planned to paint as a job but was not succesfull to pass exams on University of Art for 3 years, so it remained as my hobby.

Today I also failed passing test on apnea.cz so I try it later :). I hattended course with Dan Exner, but have just beginning knowing freediving despide I have been diving without scuba for many years. Seems that diving community is not so big :).

regards
picasso

Well, I have couple of friends in the profession, so I know that the academic education is not bad, and especially the title, diploma, and the personal contacts are extremely important, but if you look back in the history of art, you can always find a huge number of artists who did not pass any fine-art school. Learning the technique is important (but you can do that even without the Academy. And as far as I can see from the small pictures on your web, your technique is far above the average amateur level), but open mind is much more than that. And as for professional career - even more important than anything else are social skills. Getting into the milieu, partying with the right people, exposing as often as possible, getting your work to public places, etc. One of my friends makes recently much more money with renting her paintings than selling them - surprisingly there are many medium and big corporations in the Czech lands that prefer paying monthly rent for some paintings than buying them, although they actually pay more in this way. There are several reasons for that (taxes, possibility to change the paintings in case of need,...), but it seams to be the trend in Czech republic recently.

Unfortunately many talented artists are rather introvert and do not manage to handle such social contacts well. Not sure if it is your case, but stay assured that with your talent you have a very good chance to make some money with.

Hello again,
thank you
indeed for your kind and encouraging words. first of all I'd like to ask you if you also speak Czech? You surprised me a lot by reading information about your friend renting her masterpieces. Despite I was not successful in art education I have stayed painting because I love it. But I also know some guys in this branch in Slovakia and none of them is constantly rich, maybe because of place I know. But after such experience I felt art to risky for doing it as a job. So I changed my way in education and studied university of economics and management. During studies I didn't take any par time job (scarcely) and I kept selling my pictures and earn money for them. But it was not so fine to paint what people want to buy. I rather paint what I want, these are those pictures on the web you saw.

Now I work in IT profession, managing a documentum syst
em and painting for my self. Maybe it will surprise you, but those pictures are not easy to sell for me. I know that it's very important to make promotion, know right persons and making exhibitions. Last weeks was very time demanding and so I don’t paint so often, but it is question of time when I will more. Lately I have been training free diving more.

Thank you very much any way for your word. I love painting as well as diving from my childhood. I also wan a price when I wan at about 8 years. Guess what was in the picture? A diver.

Take care and enjoy diving

Yes, Michal, sure I speak Czech. Although I currently live in France (and formerly in Germany), and was born in Slovakia, I am Czech.

As for the painting - you are right that it is not easy to get rich with it. In the best case it usually only happens once you die, so if you have some descendants, they have something to argue and fight for. Those professional painters I know barely gain their livelihood with it, although some of them are relatively famous, have many tens of exhibitions behind them, including some very prominent places (like the Czech National Gallery, and diverse galleries in many world capitals) - usually they still need to take some side jobs, like teaching, or making illustrations for books.

I think it is time to create a sub-section on DB for fine-art - besides some really excellent underwater photographers who actively participate here (I won't name any, because I am sure I would forget more of them then I could list), there is already a nice number of painters or graphic artists here. Here it is simpler for me to list at least those I know about (because there are less of them than the photographers). Sorted alphabetically not to offend any among them:
More freediving related or underwater artists may be found in the Freediving Media Base: websites art @ APNEA.cz - many photographers there, but also painters, or sculptors. Then there is also the website of ADACAS (Association for the Development of Artistic & Cultural Underwater Activities) with many more links (though less freediving related than those in the Freediving Media Base). Should you have any freediving related works, I'd be happy to list your website there too.

Hi everyone,
Been reading the threads for a few months,finaly decided to join properly. I'm pretty new to spearfishing, so the information in the forums was extremely helpful. Plus, it's interesting to read how folks spear on the other side of the globe. Great place, great posts!

Hi Trux and other people reading previous threads. Thank you trux for very inspiring information. I will post my new paintings related to diving as soon as I finished some in the future.

Best regards, picasso

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT