• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Angus

Apr 2, 2001
Hello, I am finally reconnected and we are settled into our new home in Utah. It is interesting and enheartenning to see all the new members and the increased level of activity in the three months that I have been off the planet. I am finally getting my feet under me with my internship. It is both terrifying and gratifying to be working with patients as the primary provider and so far I haven't screwed up beyond to the point of no return.

Unfortunately I have only been diving once since last July. Octo came out and we went up to Homestead Crater. It is about 40 miles from where we live. It is really a 60 foot grotto with 30 foot ceiling with a water depth of 65 feet. The water is clear, ranging from 50+ feet in the morning to 15 or 20 feet in the evening. But the best thing is the water is 95% F!

Octo and I had reservations, yes reservations, for 6 to 8 pm last Sunday evening. When we got there to pay our $25 the dive master asked us if we were certified. When we identified ourselves as freedivers the dive master gave a skeptical look and asked how far we could dive. When we told him he brigthenned and said, "You guys are the real thing. You can't imagine how many people come claiming to be freedivers who can't make it down to the 20 foot platform. (They teach scuba hear and have 20F platform and various bars and PVC squares at various depths. Lights are at 20 and 55 feet.) Scott, the dive master got in with us and we gave him some lessons and he was able to double his depth almost immediately. He let us stay in an additional hour and we exchanged contact information. Another person transcends scuba!

I didn't feel to bad about only managing 90sec. at 55 feet as the crater is at 5800 feet elevation. But reading the accounts of the competition in Ibiza got me all pumped up and ready to start easing back into training. Its nice to be back.

Hi Angus,

Good to hear from you! The growth on Deeper Blue has been really big since your last post. The crater sounds interesting, and warm, nice. Out on the coast things have cooled down , and the water has gotten real clear. yesterday we had 40, but many days are 60 plus viz. One day it was 120, and blue, which really blew my mind. What sort of stuff are you doing with your internship?

Best wishes,

Doug Morgan,
Lantzville, B.C.

Welcome Back

Angus,

A big welcome back! It's always good to see old faces returning, especially ones how have been so active before!

Hey Angus, nice to hear from you, and I'm glad you're settling in.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT