• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Murat - you in the Turkish part then? - We'll be in the South East (?) below Famagusta and Paralimni - I hear you can now cross the border though into the north without any problems?

Hey Jody :)

Reactions: thud and stevevidar
Originally posted by Scuby
what is the usual attachment method

Scub,

Nothing flashy. When replying*, the bottom box allows for attachments (similar to any web-based email). Be sure that your photos are in .jpg or.gif format or they won't show up on the page. Members will still be able to view the photo, but they will have to download the attachment to their puters first.

One thing to be aware of is that you can only post one photo per message. So if you want to post multiple photos at once, you'll either have to post multiple messages, or use a photo/image program (even powerpoint will suffice) to combine the images. Also, keep an eye on the size. DB does not fit images to the web page. What you post is what you see.

That should do ya.

Ted

* There is no attachment option in the 'quickreply' box at the bottom of the viewing page, you'll have to hit a blue reply button to get the screen with the attachment option.

Scuby,

Yeah i am in Tukýsh part. I live in famagusta very close to the places you mentioned. Yes now you can cross the border line but you have to be cyprus citizen. Foreigners can not pass the border coz there is no visa/passport control in checkpoints they only looks your id to see if you are cypriot or not... So if you want to come the north part you must fly first to türkey then north cyprus...

Murat if you can't see AJ in water that clear its because there are none. Jeez I have never seen water so clear. Not even an Ocean Mimetic wetsuit would hide you there.

Yeah the waters are crystal clear but not fish heaven, at least the places that i dive. I guarantee i will find them someday...

hi

Murat after seeing these photos I beg you not to say anything bad about your waters ever again :D

Fish heaven or not those waters crap all over our waters here. If you did a shore dive here you would be very lucky to see your hand in front of your face.

We regularly travel 30-40miles offshore and usually there is only 10-15m vis, sometimes less and on the rarest days of the year and can become 25-30m Vis

It seems that you have 40-50m vis from swimming off the coast which Im sure is something unheard of in Australian waters, you are blessed with a beautiful place my friend :)

cheers

Extremely beautyfull pics Scuby. Thanks for sharing.
You defenetely should enter the calendar contests.

Have to start planning a trip to Cyprus.. ;)

Tuomo

Ivan, 25-30 meter visibility is average here..

I never see the waters that you are not able to see your hand or etc.... Poor dude:waterwork

Cyprus is in enclosed water, just like big lake. Cyprus is even in most eastern island of the med. There is no tide at all. In summer water is flat like table. The biggest wave you can ever found is 50cm. So the waters here is like waters in bath. No tide, clear visibility, but less fish due to its closed geographic property..:hmm

Last edited:
Scuby, Welcome.. I envy you.. diving in waters like that.. I just last week did my first dive this "winter" and viz was about 2ft... :(
Did you see any big fish? :t

Dive safe

Pekka

Hello Scuby!

Welcome.. I envy you too.. diving in waters like that..

I'm new over here, and in our Dutch waters (nearby rivers, and the foodrich waters of the Northsea) are very poor as it comes to visability. 5m is normal, but at times it's only 1 meter, and 10m would be a very good vis amongst the dutch divers :(

Your pictures are better then I could immagine freediving! You are so lucky! Deu to these pictures I gonna safe money for a trip to the freediving competition at cyprus, I HAVE to see for myself!
Being able to enjoy it with one you love must be even better, oh man I envy you...

:)

Kars.

Last edited:
hi

Murat I would trade off the fish life we get here on the coral reefs for your BLUE water anyday, it is depressing diving in dirty water 99% of the year.

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

Murat I would trade off the fish life we get here on the coral reefs for your BLUE water anyday, it is depressing diving in dirty water 99% of the year.

cheers

Start to collect the money for cyprus trip next summer.;)

Pekka - Wish I lived there! No, didn't see any big fish (chased an octopus around though!)

Kars - going back for a week very soon - we only get to do this once a year as a holiday :(

Naeem - Thanx man - which pic btw? The originals are 5 megapixel so pretty big!! The deepest we went was 50 feet - that pic is about 45 feet - I just knelt on the bottom and was picking up sand and letting it run through my fingers ;)

Thanx everyone for the kind words :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT