• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hello.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

manuel alonso

Jan 7, 2005
hello. [spearfishing in england]

hello my name is manuel and is the first time I write here. One question, is possible to practice spearfishing in england?? where are the betters beachs??. thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Manuel,
Theres lots of UK spearo's here on this board.
You can spearfish in the UK in the sea only, not rivers and lakes. As for the best beaches, that depends where you are?

manuel alonso said:
hello my name is manuel and is the first time I write here. One question, is possible to practice spearfishing in england?? where are the betters beachs??. thank you.

hola Manuel
bienvenido....

che alonso que tal
bienvenido a nuestro logar
de donde eres??
welcome
eyal

You can fish all around the UK except in conservation areas and designated bass breading areas, you also have to avoid harbours and mariners (the inside of them that is) and protected wreck sites where exclusions zones may be in exsitstence. Visability varies from area to area, South, South-West coast, Wales and Scotland are all recognised areas for spearfishing. I only have a working knowlwedge of the south coast from bexhill to Wittering, and limited experience of the south west, I have also dived in the channel islands. Visbility is dependent on wind direction and when an east wind blows down here on the south coast on most occassions you forget it. Visibility however can be very good, before Christmas we had a periond of calm and the visibility was up to 15m+ on other occasions it can be down to zero. 5m-7m in the summer might be considered very good. A 5mm wet suit is needed for the beginning of the year although some are now using 7mm jackets to get longer in the water, 3mm is fine during the summer months. 75cm guns are the most common were i fish increasing to 90cm or double strung 75's when the viz is good or you are after bream.
If you want to know anything more specific post some more questions

What for Ben? they can get very angry if you shoot a mariner!

Last edited:
You can fish all around the UK except in conservation areas and designated bass breading areas, you also have to avoid harbours and mariners (the inside of them that is) and protected wreck sites where exclusions zones may be in exsitstence. Visability varies from area to area, South, South-West coast, Wales and Scotland are all recognised areas for spearfishing. I only have a working knowlwedge of the south coast from bexhill to Wittering,
If you want to know anything more specific post some more questions
Hi there i am going down to west wittering later on in the summer and would be very greatful of any info or places where i could get in or if anyone is about nearer the time would be good to chat
many thanks
Graeme

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT