• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

hello!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

oashieo

Sep 1, 2007
hello everyone im ashley, born n raised on the island of maui at 20 yrs old i never really got out much into the water. just never really felt it was my thing until lately having a son almost 2 yrs old we went to the beach more n more. since watching more tv i seen "hawaii skin diver" yes im late im not really a tv person its such nonsense most of the time i rather be doing something more productive. anyways! i came across freediving very intimidating at first i gave up. but as i researched it more it became less of a scare factor n more of a i must try this im looking forward to meeting all of you and getting to know this "sport" more n maybe soon enough i will be out there too!

Reactions: covert
Welcome to Deeperblue! If you have any questions about Freediving- This is the Site to check! So much information and the people are great!

Hi Oashieo,

Check out the 'advanced member search' option and see who's living in your neighbourhood, perhabs you'll find a very nice buddy nearby. It's nice and encourageing to hear of someone who doesn't like tv and rather spends her time differently, especially from a yougn person. :)
Contacting AIDA USA (USAA, United States Apnea Association (USAA)) may help to find a local instructor or buddy too. I can really recomment a course. It's so educational and inspireing and gives you a very conveniant smooth jumpstart into this unique sport.

Love, peace, courage and water,

Kars

Last edited:
Hey Ashley, welcome to DB! :wave
I seem to remember a couple members of DeeperBlue from Hawaii.
I see fun coming Your way... :D

thank you everyone! im always so nervous to join a forum but this one looks absolutely fun! i would love to see if their is anyone near me willing to help n be patient with me. although if its hands on i seem to be a fast learner! kars i know there are so many people my age that just cant pull themselves away from the tv/ video games i know there is nothing wrong with them once in a while but life is too short. foxfish yep that is a picture of me. :) thanks for the kind words everyone! you all just made my day even better i hope you all have a great day too!

Welcome oashieo! There are plenty of freedivers in your area and as Kars wrote, you can find them either here in the member list, or by browsing the Buddy Search subforums. Another possibility is looking at the user map of the Apnea Training Manager. Although the user base is smaller than here at DB (ATM has currently ~300 registered members, and around ~700 users), but there are very few duplicate registrations (if any), and there are only experienced freedivers who passed a rather strict theory test. Additionally the user map can help you locating users in your closest proximity easier.

Hi oashieo I feel you made a wonderful decision on joining this forum, I see people here are really focus on the best motivation and objective help, I can only tell you that your climate in Hawaii is very similar to mine in Panama, and many people which to encounter such good conditions on water temperature, clear waters, abundant marine life and the opportunity to learn and enjoy a huge world under water which will certainly make peolpe understand why the t.v and other modern hobbies are not so incredible as snorkling a hour anywhere and so good for your health.

Have a great new life in the water.

Enrique

Welcome aboard! There are several Hawaiian spearos and kayakers on the forum. What an amazing place to live. Yes, go in the sea -- if you don't you are missing out on at least half of what is going on ;).

lol foxfish flirting already mate :) lol..... Cant blame ya though the world needs more good looking freedivers.

Welcome to DB and know that i wish every day i could dive in hawaii *sigh* well one day when im big.

Reactions: foxfish
haha flirting? good looking? lol nah not me. must be the wrong thread ;) yea! if you come down to maui your should look me up! i'll show you around the places most people dont know how to get too! haha.

Is this a diving forum or a single bar?! rofl
Two posts and Seans getting invited to Hawaii...

haha... im just being a friendly person that i am :) singles bar eh? haha too funny... next week sure. haha we just kicked my cousin out so we have a ton of room if you dont mind sleeping with the cat n dog hahaha...

hell ill bring a tent if needs be :) but the dogs and the cats are still welcome to chill with me :p

haha i wouldnt be that mean n leave you out in the cold. :) but i'll make brownies! yay! lol

Let's get some camera's down there, I'm sure that the DB crowd would like to see this romantic get togehter! :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT