• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Help! Need info on Croatia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Chefkoch

Oct 7, 2001
Is there anyone from Croatia? Jero?:wave
I'll travel to Croatia from August 11-18. As I've never been there, I have lots of questions...
What are the best locations for freediving?
How are the conditions now (visibility, water temperature, scubadivers :naughty)?
Is spearfishing allowed, are there any fishes?
What about cheap accomodation?
Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

Hey!

Even though I haven't been in Croatia myself, it is considered to be one of the last barely untouched Mediterrannean corners. The vis is probably the best in Europe. Croatia has received the Blue ribbon (or whatever it was called) award by the European Union for the marine environment. It is getting more and more popular among the tourists.
Among the Euro spearos Croatia is a dream come true. All the members of the Med species can be found. The Croatian Spearos are among the top in Europe.
Spearfishig is allowed but you need to get a permit. Now here's an Italian site that deals only with Croatia. Unfortunately it is in Italian and you should use one of the on-line translators or mail the webmasters for help:
Blufishing.com
Here's a personal website in English of this Ivica guy, you can mail him for more info:
Ivo's Personal Page

I hope that would help...
Have a nice vacation! You're one lucky man!

Glad you're coming, Chefkoch!
Where will you go? Do you have accomodation arranged yet?

Croatian coast is "divided" into 3 main parts:
- North Adriatic (including Istrian peninsula, some islands,). This is my home region and I can give some great dive spots if you are coming this way.
- North Dalmatia (lots of islands)
- South Dalmatia (places like Dubrovnik, islands Mljet, Korcula - beautifull places)
I guess when you're on any South Dalmatian island any place is a great dive.
For accomodation I am not sure since it is the turist season and most of capacities are full. But you can tell me where will you go so I can help you find something.
As for the spearing, I am not a spearo, but lot of my friends are, so I will contact them to find out more. I do know that you need a permit to hunt, and there are some places that are off limits for any kind of diving (like National parks)

Please, contact me on my e-mail with more details. I will be more then glad to help you..

Hi Jero!
Did you get my mail? Hmmm, maybe there was a problem, or I have the wrong mail adress...
Here are some details of our trip: most probably we'll be a group of 5 (sadly, only two freaky divers:hmm ), and we are currently looking for accomodation in an appartment on Pag. We've already sent 14 requests, but the few replys we got were negative...looks like the island is full.
What do you think of other Dalmatian islands (Krk, Rab, Cres, Losinji...)?

Hello!

i did get your mail but I got it at home. Since I am rarely there I didn't get a chance to write back.
I will try to find ou some accomodation in Pag and contact you there.

BTW :), neither of the islands you have mentioned are in Dalmatia (Krk, Rab, Cres, Losinj...) They are North Adriatic islands...
My personal favourite is Cres, that is what I think most beautiful place in Croatia. But, I recomend Losinj. The best place for tourists, since it have all the things a person should need..

Catch you later...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT